What's new

January 2019 Challenge: Circles

Happy 2019 everyone! I hope to get the new year of photo challenges off to a good start with something everyone will enjoy. The challenge this month is to take a photo of a circle somewhere in the environment. It could be a place, thing, or even person, that highlights this geometric shape.

The best thing you can do during a challenge like this is train your brain to look for fascinating circles everywhere you go. Scan your home life, cityscape, and outdoor environment for visual surprises. Just looking around my home, I see circles everywhere—knobs on a cabinet, the lip on a mug, and the bowl of my pipe. Spotting a circle shouldn't be hard. Spotting a captivating circle may be.

Everything from bowls, to tires, to pens and straws, to eyes and stones can fit this challenge. It’s your task to make these things interesting. Circles are very common in nature and in the human made world. Due to this it will be very easy to find subjects to photograph, but making these subjects interesting in a photograph may push you to your limits. Have fun!

Monthly Photo Challenge Rules
◦ Winner of the previous month's challenge picks new theme and starts thread.
◦ You must be the photographer.
◦ One entry per month.
◦ Try and make the image a recent one taken specifically for this challenge.
◦ Competition runs until the 19th of the Month.
◦ Voting runs from the 20th - 26th.
◦ Voting is open to all forum members so please vote, the more voters the merrier.
◦ When voting, please clearly indicate - Voting for Post #...
◦ The person with the most votes is the winner.

Well, here goes my first time entering an image. Meet my Sad Frog motorbike.
Cell phone shot Samsung S8
20190102_191754.jpg

The Red-Eyed Monster

I was playing around with my 4x5 camera and put a flash with a red gel shooting through the lens. So we have the circle of the glass, then several other circles out to the shutter setting ring.

Camera in the shot - Intrepid 4x5 with a Nikkor 150 f/5.6 lens

Camera doing the shooting - Nikon D500 with Tamron 24-70 f/2.8 G2 at 24mm, 1/200 sec & f/14. 2 SB800 flashes (1 through the lens and 1 behind the shooting camera and slightly to camera left) and 3 Cactus triggers/receivers

proxy.php

Hi all, lots of great shots above. This piece of public art was the first thing that came to mind when I saw what this month's challenge was. Only just got an opportunity to shoot it this evening.
DSC_0009.JPG

#19...

'''''''''...maldon & duck...

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
file-22_B&Bsize600.jpg

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''dave

Top Bottom