What's new

Jameson scares me.

I've been on a Jameson kick! Just on the rocks. But man it scares me lol The first one I sip on but after that I start taking gulps. I love the stuff ! Just glad my wife is the perma DD. Post any drinks that you get like this with.

I've always picked up Bushmill for some reason. Big poster ads at local liquor store for Jameson on windows. Will give it a try next time around. Sounds like a high evaporative rate.

Well with the +2 on Bushmill I may have to grab a bottle next time I'm at the store. I may have tried it in the past but can't remember. Always ready to try or retry a drink!

I like them all, haven't had an Irish Whisky I didn't like. I like Paddy when I can get my hands on it, simply because it's hard to do. But I'll buy whatever is the best bang for the buck. Jameson is almost always running a sale or a special or something so it's pretty common in my stock.

Jameson scares me, but Tullamore Dew WRECKS me.

Plus one for the Dew. Love that stuff, gotta get it in the crock. My favorite restaurant carries it and it frequently gets comped at the end of the meal, I guess that is why it is my favorite restaurant!

Connemara...best of the lot
Tyrconnell....close second

I was introduced to both of these fine libations when in Dublin years back. Connemara Single Barrel is simply outstanding (with a price to match)

Well brands in Ireland are mostly Paddy or Powers. Both serviceable whiskies but not outstanding in anyway,

Seems drinking in some parts of Ireland is still kind of parochial in a way. Jameson is distilled in County Cork (Southern Ireland); Bushmills in County Antrim (Ulster).

So if it's a "Catholic shot" you are wanting, you get a Jameson...a "Protestant shot" request delivers a Bushmills. (I'm Catholic but prefer Bushmills of the two. Go figure)

Same thing with Harp...in many places South it isn't that popular as it is brewed in Northern region of Ireland (County Louth). Unfortunately Budweiser remains the #1 beer in Ireland; still trying to rationalize that one out.

Connemara...best of the lot
Tyrconnell....close second

Haven't had the Connemara IW yet but will vouche for the beauty in a bottle of Tyrconnel, one of my favorites. There's another pure pot still that I love that I haven't found in a long, long time - it's been well over ten years since I've seen it - and I can't recall the name but I'll know when I see it.

Price is the only reason I'll buy Jameson... that and it does the trick. I LOVE Johnny Walker Black, neat, but can only do it on sale. That blend is flavor city. I'll drink the whole bottle in 3 sittings, sometimes 2.

Top Bottom