What's new

James Lipton's/Marcel Proust's 10 Questions

As a country, we tend to worship unconditional love. As the old joke goes-lock your wife and dog in a trunk for an hour, open it up, and see which one still loves you. IMO, dogs are butt kissers. If you don’t love something, you don’t deserve their love back.

I think of myself as more a dog person, but we are down to a cat pet-wise, and I would say I agree with all of the above. Our cat is a very good company. Of course, she is the most dog-like cat I have ever come across, which does not mean she views her human family as anything more than "staff."

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I think of myself as more a dog person, but we are down to a cat pet-wise, and I would say I agree with all of the above. Our cat is a very good company. Of course, she is the most dog-like cat I have ever come across, which does not mean she views her human family as anything more than "staff."
I have been wanting another cat for a while, but the wife has been reluctant. My 5 year old granddaughter wants one, and she has my wife agreeing. Once my wife is getting around better, I will probably be making a trip to the shelter.

Cats are so easy to take care of, especially compared to a dog. Our cat is a rescue. After we had to put our last previous cat/pet down after 19 years, which was quite a few years after we had to put our dog down, after a few months, I thought we should get a new cat. My wife thought not, but we were walking through Petsmart one day where they have these glass cages of rescue cats, and this one looked into my wife's eyes and hypnotized my wife, as far as I can tell. So maybe when your wife is getting around better a casual trip to Petsmart is in order. I hate to admit what a nice thing it has been having this cat.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Cats are so easy to take care of, especially compared to a dog. Our cat is a rescue. After we had to put our last previous cat/pet down after 19 years, which was quite a few years after we had to put our dog down, after a few months, I thought we should get a new cat. My wife thought not, but we were walking through Petsmart one day where they have these glass cages of rescue cats, and this one looked into my wife's eyes and hypnotized my wife, as far as I can tell. So maybe when your wife is getting around better a casual trip to Petsmart is in order. I hate to admit what a nice thing it has been having this cat.
The only thing I worry about is vacations, and what to do with the cat while gone.

When on vacation, we hire a cat sitter to come in a time or two a day, to feed and play with the cat a little, pick up the mail, and generally take a look around to make sure all is well. Kind of a luxury I suppose, but I came back from vacation once to a basement filled with water. This approach might not prevent that, but at least someone could get a start on cleaning up whatever tragedy might happen. I think the cat thinks two weeks is a long time for us to be gone, but it does not seem to traumatize her too much. She always seems happy to see us.

1. What is your favorite word? Possibilities
  2. What is your least favorite word? Failure
  3. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? People being exceptional human beings towards each other
  4. What turns you off? Bigotry
  5. What is your favorite curse word? Sh*t
  6. What sound or noise do you love? My kids laughter
  7. What sound or noise do you hate? The alarm clock
  8. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? Nat.Geo. Wildlife Photographer
  9. What profession would you not like to do? Stock Broker
  10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? I'm happy to see you

1. What is your favorite word? hot
  2. What is your least favorite word? f@#k - so overused and used it seems as every imaginal 'part of speech' it's been rendered pointless/meaningless
  3. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? Creatively, watching/hearing a master of their craft create, lights my fire. Spiritually or emotionally, music and by extension dance, transcends all else.
  4. What turns you off? People who like to hear themselves talk - blowhards.
  5. What is your favorite curse word? internalized f@#k f@#k f@#k...
  6. What sound or noise do you love? Tube guitar amp with power tubes driven into distortion.
  7. What sound or noise do you hate? Autotune
  8. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? Artist/musician/creator
  9. What profession would you not like to do? Anything people centric or sedentary. Spelunker would totally freak me out.
  10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? Solitary's over there...
Subject to change during any given phase of the moon.
dave

Last edited:

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
  1. What is your favorite word? hot
  2. What is your least favorite word? f@#k - so overused and used it seems as every imaginal 'part of speech' it's been rendered pointless/meaningless
  3. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? Creatively, watching/hearing a master of their craft create, lights my fire. Spiritually or emotionally, music and by extension dance, transcends all else.
  4. What turns you off? People who like to hear themselves talk - blowhards.
  5. What is your favorite curse word? internalized f@#k f@#k f@#k...
  6. What sound or noise do you love? Tube guitar amp with power tubes driven into distortion.
  7. What sound or noise do you hate? Autotune
  8. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? Artist/musician/creator
  9. What profession would you not like to do? Anything people centric or sedentary. Spelunker would totally freak me out.
  10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? Solitary's over there...
Subject to change during any given phase of the moon.
dave
Whether a guitar amp or stereo amp- everything sounds better through vacuum tubes.

1. What is your favorite word? "Family"
  2. What is your least favorite word? "Bud"
  3. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? History.
  4. What turns you off? Smugness.
  5. What is your favorite curse word? F me running!
  6. What sound or noise do you love? The unmistakable high warble tone of silver on a Minelab Etrac.
  7. What sound or noise do you hate? A click when I expected a boom.
  8. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? Archeology.
  9. What profession would you not like to do? Social worker.
  10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? "Welcome! Bavarian, or cream filling?"

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Dang, I read the last question too quickly. That’s what I would say to god if he existed.

1. What is your favorite word? Turducken
  2. What is your least favorite word? Audit
  3. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? Authenticity
  4. What turns you off? Pretension
  5. What is your favorite curse word? Delta Bravo
  6. What sound or noise do you love? Snow crunching under feet
  7. What sound or noise do you hate? Wake-up alarm
  8. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? Fighter Pilot
  9. What profession would you not like to do? Hospitality worker
  10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? You can go be with your friends and family now

1. What is your favorite word? Scotch
  2. What is your least favorite word? Work
  3. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? Hunting, fishing, outdoor activity
  4. What turns you off? Liars, BS artists
  5. What is your favorite curse word? Well versed in all of them
  6. What sound or noise do you love? Quiet nature - no human sounds
  7. What sound or noise do you hate? People yelling on cell phones
  8. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? Bounty hunter
  9. What profession would you not like to do? Any desk job
  10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? Dang, guess we let anybody in now.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
  1. What is your favorite word? The one that starts with the letter F
  2. What is your least favorite word? All the rest
  3. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? This requires to much deep thought. Let’s just go with beer.
  4. What turns you off? Not having beer
  5. What is your favorite curse word? See question #1
  6. What sound or noise do you love? This is a dumb question. Actually, a crackling fire sound nice.
  7. What sound or noise do you hate? Florida Georgia Line
  8. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? Police Officer
  9. What profession would you not like to do? Anything dealing with customers or directly with the public
  10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? Don’t worry Jason, Florida Georgia Line is not welcome here.

1. What is your favorite word? Onomatopoeia (though I cannot pronounce it)
  2. What is your least favorite word? it begins with "c"
  3. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? Listening to music & reading.....preferably at the same time
  4. What turns you off? People treating others poorly
  5. What is your favorite curse word? it begins with "f"
  6. What sound or noise do you love? A baby's laughter
  7. What sound or noise do you hate? The silence just after an automobile crash.
  8. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? Singer
  9. What profession would you not like to do? Actor
  10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? "We've been waiting for you - here come your dad, your grandfathers, and your dogs!"

Top Bottom