What's new

Jackpot!

Found a lot of razors and had a feeling about an old type. I couldn't see the neck, but bought it anyways because the razors could be flipped and I would at least break even if nothing decent was in there.
It's a double ring - brassed and a couple of bent corner teeth, but the timing couldn't be better since I just got my double ring case yesterday.

Ser. No. 6768, PAT. APL'D FOR

:w00t:

Well, congratulations. I'm stunned that you didn't already have a double ring. It's one of the few tools I'm looking for, too.
Well done!
-- Chet

full

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, congratulations. I'm stunned that you didn't already have a double ring. It's one of the few tools I'm looking for, too.
Well done!
-- Chet

Finding one that nobody else had found was the problem that vexed me. I had to find one that even I hadn't found. :lol:

The case and razor lot combined totaled 120.13, and most of the remaining razors in the lot are in better than average condition. The filth on them made them appear quite used in the photos, but they are going to clean up nicely. 2 were broken beyond repair, but this more than makes up for it. Way more.

What a great score. The double ring, well written up, would fetch way more than you paid for the lot. But who cares! :w00t: What a great find.

Why didn't you just ask me? I would have PIF'd you mine!
I find that pesky second ring just compromises the shave quality too much. :lol:

I seem to be a magnet for screwball razors.

I was just looking through other early double ring posts, and the presence of both a serial number and the PAT APL'D FOR is unusual. To top it off, the PAT APL'D FOR is upside down - and on the correct end of the handle, so I know the handle wasn't flipped around. Just stamped upside down. Strange.

Congrats, amish! Fabulous find and such a low serial number! Yours has to be one of the earliest! :w00t::thumbup1::thumbup1::thumbup1:

I am still looking for mine. Found a new antique place, out of the way and tucked away in a residential section. I will be looking there the first chance I get. I am hoping for a double ring!

Top Bottom