What's new

Jackets

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
If it was good enough for McQueen then it's good enough for me. The legendary Baracuta G9 jacket:

full

full

I have the blue one. Great jacket for those cool nights. Very versatile.

full

full

full

This is where I got mine:

http://www.oconnellsclothing.com/baracuta.php

(I am in no way affiliated with the above-reference proprietor.)

(Furthermore, I am in no way suggesting that I look like McQueen when I am wearing this jacket.:biggrin:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice Jim!
I have a leather jacket for most stuff, a tattered beach bum hooded pull over (I refuse to say "Hoodie"), and REI fleece and a REI Gor Tech Jacket for the Trails.

I'll say it. Hoodies are classic NoCal wear. On weekend mornings I'll wear one to the farmer's market, take it off around 11am.

Coming from the east coast, it is pretty bizarre to see people walking around San Francisco on spring and fall nights in full goose down winter wear.

V

VR6ofpain

I haven't worn a coat in months (it has been in the 100's lately). That said during the winter I have various coats, that are all casual to semi-casual. My favorite is a "ranch" jacket. It is dark brown corduroy, with the inside lined in "sheep fur", though I think it is synthetic. It is very worn in and super comfy. My second favorite is my 'car coat'. It is very heavy and made of dark grey wool, with sherpa fur lining. Super warm.

I haven't worn a coat in months (it has been in the 100's lately). That said during the winter I have various coats, that are all casual to semi-casual. My favorite is a "ranch" jacket. It is dark brown corduroy, with the inside lined in "sheep fur", though I think it is synthetic. It is very worn in and super comfy. My second favorite is my 'car coat'. It is very heavy and made of dark grey wool, with sherpa fur lining. Super warm.

it has been pretty hot lately. i havent seen anyone else from Sacramento on these boards

In the good old British summer when I need a jacket

Barbour waxed cotton Beaufort or
Marks & Spencer Harrington

or a packaway waterproof in the pocket of my cargo shorts:thumbup1:

Depending on the weather any of the following: Navy Duffle Coat (perennial favorite), tan harrington, sage Barbour Telemark (one of the few younger folks can wear IMO), olive trenchcoat.

Top Bottom