What's new

Jack Purcells by Converse. What a shame/Classic Sneakers

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
When I read that story, as a former resident of Atlanta aka "The Dirty South" I kept thinking of the lyrics to the song by T.I.

... and now I'm stuck thinking of Nelly's Air Force Ones ...

(Yes, Nelly is from St Louis ... from way up here in Canada, St Louis and Atlanta are pretty close to each other.)

Any negative connations attached to shell Cordovan? Sneakers are turning out to be too dangerous. 😳View attachment 1214831

Well, you are walking around with your foot stuck up a dead horse's @$$. That's an admirable combination of self-own and "don't fudge with me!".

Those Pumas are great classics, too. I think I will were mine tonight. I can never remember whether the absolute classic color is blue or black. What do we think about that?

My rule for dress shoes is "never wear black unless you have to, and than make sure you do." Probably goes for Pumas too ... so ... blue.

Since the were produced back in 2018, they could have been a demo model and we’re just laying around in a warehouse. Or PacSun was just clearing out some old stock. Who knows?

My guess is that you are correct to ID these as genuine. Given your photo of the shoes from behind, the little vertical leather bar below the "Addidas" logo in black appears crooked on the left shoe. So I assume these were "factory seconds" that didn't pass initial QC for sale at full price, and some enterprising individual eventually got hold of these and managed to sell them for a discounted price (but without mentioning the cosmetic flaw to his customers.)

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Given your photo of the shoes from behind, the little vertical leather bar below the "Addidas" logo in black appears crooked on the left shoe.
16134219434536407020109146476455.jpg

... sorry.

1613422067808.png

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
. Well, you are walking around with your foot stuck up a dead horse's @$$.

Mrs. Gold said if the shoe fits...

some enterprising individual eventually got hold of these and managed to sell them for a discounted price (but without mentioning the cosmetic flaw to his customers.)

That enterprising SOB must have found some more laying around the stock room because they are on sale again. 🙄😀

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
That enterprising SOB must have found some more laying around the stock room because they are on sale again. 🙄😀

When you pay kids $1/day to make shoes quickly for 16 hours 7 days a week, you are bound to get a fairly high rate of QC slip-ups.

JWCowboy

Probably not Al Bundy
... and now I'm stuck thinking of Nelly's Air Force Ones ...

(Yes, Nelly is from St Louis ... from way up here in Canada, St Louis and Atlanta are pretty close to each other.)

You know what's interesting about St Louis and the American south is years ago they had the closest professional baseball team to this region, and thus there were many St Louis Cardinal fans here, including my grandfather in west Tennessee. The Braves didn't relocate to Atlanta until 1966, so during the golden age of baseball he listened to Cards games on KMOX, a legendary station whose signal carried far and wide.

Regarding Air Force Ones, I found this wonderful essay of appreciation about them a while back and thought you fellow shoe fiends would enjoy it:

Letter of Recommendation: Nike Air Force 1s (Published 2019) - https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/25/magazine/nike-air-force-1s-baltimore.html

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
The Superstars with these retro socks from American Trench remind of the ‘73 NY Knicks. Considering that 1973 was the last time the Knicks won the NBA title, maybe I don’t want to be reminded. 🙄😀
A3DF0015-63B9-482F-8047-9AC490230639.jpeg

"word" on the socks. Very hip.

I still love the shoes.

Are those real Levis? Looks like Levis seams, but I do not know if I am quite that "good." If so, also "era" appropriate. You should probably be wearing, what?, a Lacoste shirt? Maybe two of them. :)

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
"word" on the socks. Very hip.

I still love the shoes.

You should probably be wearing, what?, a Lacoste shirt? Maybe two of them. :)

Two of them? Not at $95 a pop, I’m not. :lol:

And no, not Levi’s but rather from Ash & Erie who make jeans for the vertically-challenged. :biggrin:

Top Bottom