What's new

J Hook! this newbie likes it

I am still experimenting with my techniques. My latest experiment is obviously the 'J Hook' as described by Mantic59 in one of his videos. I use this technique on my final pass to shave my neck. I was a little bit nervous about it, but I have grown comfortable with wielding the razor. So after performing my final pass and seeing that my neck was not as perfectly shaved as my face, I attempted the 'J Hook' technique.

Working from the recollections of my one week old video review I slashed away ! :w00t: SUCCESS! It was a little bit awkward switching the technique up from the right to left side of my neck. Now I have discovered a technique that will get my neck just as smooth as my face.

My new found success is
1st pass XTG
2nd pass WTG
3rd pass ATG
4th pass or Neck pass 'J Hooking' :thumbup1:

To other Newbies, don't fear the blade so much, respect it and try varying your techniques. I can't wait for tomorrow :wink:

Awesome! J-hooking works wonders on the neck. And I definitely blade buff the chin everyday too, it's pretty much the only way I can get near BBS on my chin.

Yeah, I can get carried away with the blade buffing. Just this morning I razor burned my chin and right around the corner of my mouth. :redface: ouch!

ah, just like everything else, I need to practice.

i literally sliced a chunk of my chin off while j-hooking :p

apparently j-hooking isnt for the chin, only the sides of your face and your neck. i'll try the blade buff next

Seriously, the J hook is a great tool on your touch up pass to get extra smooth. I use my Gillette NEW with a buff on the chin and a j hook on the neck to jaw line area and it's pure greatness.

A good technique to use, for sure.

First time I nailed it and I should have known.......too good to be true. This morning I loaded some brand new just arrived Feathers into the Futur. My face was an easy terrain to shave and as always it is my neck that poses problems. Well today when I was J-Hooking right along I caught a razor bump or my technique got lackadaisical as I CUT myself, OUCH, those Feathers are sharp.

This is the first real blood that I have drawn in my 7 days of shaving. Oh well, it had to happen sometime :w00t: I have read about how sharp they are and I was trying to be careful, I wonder if I was too careful? We will see tomorrow. I think I will lube up my neck with some baby oil.

Top Bottom