What's new

J. Crew University Coat Alternative

As the title suggests, I really like the look of the J. Crew University coat (on the model anyway, how it looks on me is questionable....). But, I'm not sold on the quality. Anyone know of a similar looking coat thats going to last for years?

As the title suggests, I really like the look of the J. Crew University coat (on the model anyway, how it looks on me is questionable....). But, I'm not sold on the quality. Anyone know of a similar looking coat thats going to last for years?

Buy the Peacoat, I did and can attest to how warm it is as it is lined with Thinsulate and looks great. You can't go wrong with the look of a peacoat, it hasn't changed much over the past 300 years.

I bought a Pea Coat from an Army/Navy surplus store years ago. It was from the West German Navy, has brass buttons and is made of Merino Wool.

If you have any near you, it might be worth a try.

Buy the Peacoat, I did and can attest to how warm it is as it is lined with Thinsulate and looks great. You can't go wrong with the look of a peacoat, it hasn't changed much over the past 300 years.

I do like peacoat's however, I do not like how they decrease the mobility of your arms/shoulders. Maybe that's just me though.

I don't like the double breasted look. Plus, I'm in Arizona and the weather doesn't drop to below 40 often enough to justify something really really warm.

That university coat is killer looking. :w00t: The only alternative that I can think of is a peacoat. Maybe one that is shorter than the traditional peacoat. Or a surplus one that is taken to the tailor's and brought up a bit?

I think a car coat is pretty similar no?

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

2nd is different view of the Uni Coat.

Van Heusen has some sales going on. I picked up my Van Heusen pea coat a few years ago and I love it. It has a second collar stiched under the outer collar to keep my neck warm. If the OP lives above the snow line, you can't go wrong with a wool coat.

Pretty sure it doesn't get cold enough to need a pea coat. Also hate the double breasted look.

Anyway, ended up snagging this on ebay.

Top Bottom