What's new

J.B. Williams Company - Swiss Violet Shaving Cream Jar

I just added this Williams shaving cream jar to my collection and thought that forum members might like to check it out, so I've posted some photos. As far as I can tell, it dates somewhere between 1885 and 1915. It has a few bug bites, but I've never seen one before with intact paper labels.
IMG_1924.JPG
IMG_1925.JPG
IMG_1933.JPG
IMG_1931.JPG
IMG_1929.JPG
IMG_1932.JPG
IMG_1945.JPG
IMG_1937.JPG
IMG_1944.JPG

Last edited:

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
I just added this Williams shaving cream jar to my collection and thought that forum members might like to check it out, so I've posted some photos. As far as I can tell, it dates somewhere between 1885 and 1915. It has a few bug bites, but I've never seen one before with intact paper labels.View attachment 1442615 View attachment 1442604View attachment 1442606View attachment 1442607View attachment 1442608View attachment 1442609View attachment 1442610View attachment 1442611View attachment 1442612

What a lovely jar! Sure, its seen better days but dude, thats a piece of history! And like you said, you've never seen one with an intact label before, well, you got an intact one now! Congrats! It seems to be a small bowl, so it would take a small soap puk for sure. See how it said 50 cents on it? With modern inflation prices, that 50 cents becomes 10-dollars instantly! Excellent find, love it!

Its no secret on this forum that I love ceramics, I will always be attracted to ceramics before copper or stainless steel bowls. I can't tell you how pleased I was to be able to get Tabac in a ceramic bowl, totally worth the money IMO. Does anybody else know of any other shave soaps that come in a ceramic bowl? Cause I've tried a few other shave soaps like Proraso and Stirling and they come in plastic bowls.

What a lovely jar! Sure, its seen better days but dude, thats a piece of history! And like you said, you've never seen one with an intact label before, well, you got an intact one now! Congrats! It seems to be a small bowl, so it would take a small soap puk for sure. See how it said 50 cents on it? With modern inflation prices, that 50 cents becomes 10-dollars instantly! Excellent find, love it!

Its no secret on this forum that I love ceramics, I will always be attracted to ceramics before copper or stainless steel bowls. I can't tell you how pleased I was to be able to get Tabac in a ceramic bowl, totally worth the money IMO. Does anybody else know of any other shave soaps that come in a ceramic bowl? Cause I've tried a few other shave soaps like Proraso and Stirling and they come in plastic bowls.

ceramic dishes.jpg

Top Bottom