What's new

Ivory Spike Razor?

Evening Gents!

So I recently aquired a straight razor made by Spike I has veins through the handle. Would this be ivory, Im thinking not, its bone right? Oh boy, I just need a little help with this one, If you guys need pictures I would be happy to accommodate but I thought I would check to see if any body knew off of the top of their head. Thanks in advance.

Go HAWKS!!!!

$20140904_200558.jpg$20140904_200608.jpg$20140904_200614.jpg$20140904_200621.jpg

Heres the pictures thanks for all your help guys!

5 of the dozen or so Unions in my collection have those same plastic /celluloid scales. Commonly referred to as French Ivory. Recently I sacrificed two to make duplicate Gold Spikes for a client which were done in 24K gold . Neat razors. But if the ones I have there are slight differences between them. Yours is different as well.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:
I agree with the above. There's never been an Elephant that yielded ivory with such regularly spaced lines.
But I like this kind of plastic to be honest, and I'm sure the razor can be fixed, so congratulations !

I happens. I have several other examples but I can't photograph them well enough to show up. I recently shipped a razor where the lines were so perfect it looked fake. Looked just like French Ivory. This piece is unusual as the the lines are so bold. But the others exhibit very fine lines like they were put on using a comb.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 56
LoL I dont know what I have gotten myself into here, I got this in a lot of stuff and now and am now more intrigued then I ever thought I would be. Lord help me. :lol:

Like it has been said, they are plastic

Here is the best picture I have taken that shows the lines on ivory

Top Bottom