What's new

I’ve got a problem. Need ideas

ordered the Rapido-Eze and it is bound to be delivered some time in August. In the meantime I bought ammonia and will try the 10/1 proportion as well as the ultrasonic device. This thing is becoming a nightmare. But how long do these type of jobs usually require ? Am I too impatient ? The Parker 51 I bought together with this Victory needed flushing and soaking for a couple of days and now works like a charm. Weird.

Hurray !!! Thank you Jut and Nemo for your suggestions !!!
The Ultrasonic Cleaner just arrived. I have thrown away the Zest-It solution and filled the tank of the UC with a 10/1 parts solution of water and ammonia. Put the nib in and powered the 'beast', immediately ink started to flow out of the nib in huge quantities. The solution is now totally black. The flusher manages to push water through the nib and feed without problems :)
So problem solved, hurray. Gave it three sessions in the UC just to be completely sure that the muck has gone completely !!!
Thank you
Marco

All I need to do now is find the clip, like one for a duofold and possibly find someone in UK that can have a look at the nib as it is too wet and I think it fell nib first while with the previous owner

Top Bottom