What's new

I've decided

Ok, after a month or so using a DE I've decided that I want to take the next step and go full blown straight.
Having convinced SWMBO I'm going to order a sight unseen pack from Whipped Dog and see how it goes!
Will let you all know after shave no. 1, can't wait!
Is it just me or do other beginners get withdrawal symptoms when they can play with their new razors? I'm hoping that being able to strop and eventually hone will fill he hole!

Its bad haha I got withdrawal symptoms
I haven't even gotten my first "shave ready" straight razor/strop/lapping film
and I already have 1 straight from an antique fair and 4 more on there way including the newbie package

Is it just me or do other beginners get withdrawal symptoms when they can play with their new razors? I'm hoping that being able to strop and eventually hone will fill he hole!

I've been known to do a one pass shave so I could test out a razor later in the day and have something to shave. ;-}

I'm pretty sure we need professional help...

You will have all the kit you need to putz around when you get the whippeddog kit. Then you will want to buy a couple of junkers so you can practice. Then you'll see a really cool custom or nice vintage blade and want that. Then someone on B/S/T will make an offer you can't refuse... then you start hoarding your discretionary income so you can get a 7 day set. Then... well... then it gets serious...

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
DE to a Fusion cart is like a straight to a DE IMO. Not that DE shaving is worse or anything, but the quality of shave and experience is really nice, where a DE shave just feels like shaving with a cart.

My apologies to the DE/SE crowd. :)

I can get hold of some sweet kamisori from my bro. What's he difference like between a straight and a kami? Do you strop a kami?

Last edited:
Top Bottom