What's new

I've Decided I'm Awesome

So I was sitting here all alone on the stroke of midnight, far away from friends and family and no one special to kiss in the New Year with. Feeling a bit low but not that bad too be honest ( tasty Indian food and The Big Bang Theory helped:thumbup:)

So it's 2011 and I decide to pop on here for a little pick-me-up and see what's what, when I start to read some threads and notice a theme of "the girlfriend/SWMBO who just doesn't understand". Suddenly it occurs to me that I'm gonna make an awesome girlfriend! I'll probably have a bigger den than any guy I know or will meet and I can use a straight ambidextrously!

Now I just need a few things in 2011:
1. A boyfriend who isn't intimidated by how into shaving I am. ( would you be put off if you met a girl like me? :bored: )
2. To stop falling for guys with beards!

So yup - AWESOME :thumbup1:
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

When I told a couple of the barbers in work experience that I use a straight they laughed at me because they didn't believe me. When I told them that shaving was a hobby of mine and I was serious I got a few very strange looks.
I kinda worry I'll freak guys out.
But meh, love me- love my razors :thumbup:

That's the spirirt!

Barber-Eile= awesome.

+1000.

Danielle, you will one day meet a guy that thinks its the coolest thing in the world that you use a straight. Anybody who doesn't is not worth your time.

Absolute truth right there.

marty

Legion

Staff member
I kind of think this thread is awesome.

Although at the back of my mind I know that if a guy had posted it he would probably just get one response and it would be,

"No, your not." :lol::lol::lol:

Hope 2011 is awesome for you Barber-Eile!

Thanks everyone.
2011 has been and will be very tough for me. My mum has just been diagnosed (today) with cancer. Now more than ever do I need to find my inner strength and awesome and test it's limits.

Thanks everyone.
2011 has been and will be very tough for me. My mum has just been diagnosed (today) with cancer. Now more than ever do I need to find my inner strength and awesome and test it's limits.

I hate to hear that. Cancer is a horrible horrible thing.

Here's hoping for the best for your mom!

Thanks everyone.

Sorry to hear that, it's a terrible message to get, but hopefully she will be fine.

Whatever you do, just don't give up the hope, neither of you, dig out that inner strenght and stay strong together.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that, it's a terrible message to get, but hopefully she will be fine.

Whatever you do, just don't give up the hope, neither of you, dig out that inner strenght and stay strong together.

Straight up. When you get news like that, you can say "why?" or you can say "This is what I am here for, the human experience on earth as God intended." :thumbup1: This is a stepping stone for both of you. Keep your chin up trooper. ;)

If only if I weren't married to the most beautiful Angel in this universe (who understands, appreciates, supports and occasionally gets a kick out of my addiction :lol:)...I'd be all over you like a cheap suit, or white on rice, or...I don't even know what you look like :001_smile

Any guy will should be happy to be with you (why would anyone be intimidated by this, I would never know)...if not, they should have their heads examined.

Thanks everyone.

I'm so sorry, Danielle. We will keep you and your mum in our prayers.

Thanks everyone.

Thoughts and prayers for you and your family.

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
Thanks everyone.

oh bugger. We are here for support. Of course the best support we have is just being the idiots or dolts we always are. When you need a laugh . . . just look at the fool things we get up to here.

Top Bottom