What's new

I've been whittling.

:a50:Nice trimming! I am going to a barber next week in another country when I am on a work trip. I might post a before and after, but most likely not. I don't like to post pictures of myself.

I think I am gonna ask for a complete change, my chin growth is quite sparse so might go for a longer extended goatee/tailback beard.

My beard is so weak I need a consultant. I wish I had a steady nice beard like yours and your trimming skills. Once again, well done.
Thanks!

Pics would be great, you could always wear big dark glasses and a hat, or photo shop your face out. Good luck with your trim, I hope he has some good suggestions and solutions.

I can fill out a beard pretty well now, but I do still have a few patchy spots. My Chin has always been the strong part, but my mustache and cheeks were pretty weak until I was around 30. Even at 35 I couldn't have pulled it off as well as now at 40, and I still feel its getting thicker every year. One of the reasons I keep my neck line so low is I have a small spot on the corner my left jaw if I keep the line low and the hair a little longer it's not noticeable, but if I get too high or too short it looks like I took a chunk out of it. I also have a stronger connection from beard to mustache on one side than the other. If I lose the wrong 3 or 4 hairs I almost lose the connection. I try to leave the mustache a little longer to cover.

I've had some form of a beard and mustache since I was 19, and have always trimmed it myself. So I pretty much know where the lines need to be at this point, but I certainly screwed up my fair share of trims in my time.

Thanks!

Pics would be great, you could always wear big dark glasses and a hat, or photo shop your face out. Good luck with your trim, I hope he has some good suggestions and solutions.

I can fill out a beard pretty well now, but I do still have a few patchy spots. My Chin has always been the strong part, but my mustache and cheeks were pretty weak until I was around 30. Even at 35 I couldn't have pulled it off as well as now at 40, and I still feel its getting thicker every year. One of the reasons I keep my neck line so low is I have a small spot on the corner my left jaw if I keep the line low and the hair a little longer it's not noticeable, but if I get too high or too short it looks like I took a chunk out of it. I also have a stronger connection from beard to mustache on one side than the other. If I lose the wrong 3 or 4 hairs I almost lose the connection. I try to leave the mustache a little longer to cover.

I've had some form of a beard and mustache since I was 19, and have always trimmed it myself. So I pretty much know where the lines need to be at this point, but I certainly screwed up my fair share of trims in my time.

We will see next week. Might be a before and after pic. Only thing I am sure about is that he better not mess my handlebar moustache up.

When I saw your before pic, my first thought was "Santa!" 🎅

In a few decades, when your beard is white, I'm sure you'll be in demand at Christmas-time. :biggrin1:

When I saw your before pic, my first thought was "Santa!" 🎅

In a few decades, when your beard is white, I'm sure you'll be in demand at Christmas-time. :biggrin1:
Thanks! I have a buddy who is a few years older than me who went white pretty early. He's been playing Santa for the last couple years. He really seems to enjoy it. I could see it as a possibility once I go white.

Top Bottom