What's new

I've been whittling.

The seasons are changing, and so are the beard lines. I've been hanging onto the winter beard for a while now, but it's time for a change. Not a lot to do this weekend so it seemed like a good time to trim. I like to make sure I have the time and am in the mood and ready before making big trims. I've been slowly whittling it away over the last couple of days. Mostly with scissors, but also free hand with the beard trimmer without a guard. I did use the comb guards a little, but man those make for a short beard. Well here is the before pic from Friday night.
DSCF0055.JPG
And here is what I look like now.
DSCF0060.JPG

You have managed a fine trim there Troy. Of course, I wouldn't have any problem showing up at a state dinner or any diplomatic conference with what you had on Friday night.

You have managed a fine trim there Troy. Of course, I wouldn't have any problem showing up at a state dinner or any diplomatic conference with what you had on Friday night.
Thanks! I do like to grow out a big beard for the winter. I'm an electrician and do work outside some days, so it's nice to have a built in scarf. Also it's fun to walk into an antique shop with a hat on and ask if they have any old razors. I get some really confused and funny looks. But it's nice to trim up and run a little lighter in the summer months. I sure won't mind not eating the stache for awhile again.

Put it back! :w00t:

Did you make the four-strings?
:laugh: It will come back in the fall.

Yea' they're concert scale ukuleles made from cookie tins and dumpster scrap wood. It was an old obsession of mine, hard to get back in the work shop as my daughter gets older though. Here are a few more pics for you.
DSCF4148.JPG
DSCF4258.JPG
DSCF5995.JPG

The 8 string is a mandolin.

Attachments

• DSCF4149.JPG
    DSCF4149.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 7
Nice trim, Troy. After seeing your photo, I now know why I have never seen you and the Cella man in the same room at the same time (a la Clark Kent and Superman).

proxy.php

@troy Those are really neat. I'm always amazed at the talent some of our members possess.
Thanks Mat!

:thumbup1: Great stuff Troy. I like the zero frets.
Thanks Cal! The zero fret certainly makes it easier than cutting a real nut, and gives them such a nice low action for easy playability.
Nice trim, Troy. After seeing your photo, I now know why I have never seen you and the Cella man in the same room at the same time (a la Clark Kent and Superman).

proxy.php
Shhh, don't tell anyone. :tongue_sm

My beards jaw just dropped. What have you done!?
I gained some more real estate for shaving. :001_smile

I'll let it go wild again next winter. I think I will go for a full Yeard someday (parts of it were probably close already). Maybe I'll even find the terminal length sometime, but I think that may wait until it turns more white, and go full on Santa Clause.

Now that's cool!!! :thumbup: I assume the neck goes all the way through?
Yep, that's what gives it enough strength to hold together and work. I stumbled across a vid of someone playing one on Youtube a few years ago. I started looking for more, combined a few ideas, and came up with a few more of my own.

Yep, that's what gives it enough strength to hold together and work. I stumbled across a vid of someone playing one on Youtube a few years ago. I started looking for more, combined a few ideas, and came up with a few more of my own.

:thumbsup: :punk:

:a50:Nice trimming! I am going to a barber next week in another country when I am on a work trip. I might post a before and after, but most likely not. I don't like to post pictures of myself.

I think I am gonna ask for a complete change, my chin growth is quite sparse so might go for a longer extended goatee/tailback beard.

My beard is so weak I need a consultant. I wish I had a steady nice beard like yours and your trimming skills. Once again, well done.

Top Bottom