What's new

I've been busy...

Not a real great photo but it shows all of my DE razors except for 2 mint, NOS Rotbart #15s, a Gillette #16 in a silver case with a reddish leather liner in the lid instead of satin, a Gillette #77, a Gillette Fat handle Tech in the blue and white case, a uncased Gillette fat handled Tech and a NOS Gillette British Psycho with a custom key from Cooncatbob and none of my Schick injectors of which I have amassed many.

Just a few comments about the razor population:

The Big Boy DeLuxe in the center of the back row has been replaced by one in mint condition, no cracks in the handle and the original blades still wrapped in the blade bank and the original shipping box. I will be listing the one in the photo soon.

The New Standard in the black case just above the Senator and Ball-end open-comb is as close to Mint as you can get. The satin is perfect, not an imperfection on the case or razor and would have a complete shipper except the bottom is missing.

All three of those brushed came right out of their boxes, never used.

That's a silver "New" in the red and black case (3rd row) with a common fat handle, and in front of of it is a gold "New Deluxe" with a common fat handle (I don't know if these are the correct cases but they are what they were in when I purchased them. I think they match what's on Achim's site).

That's a gold Bostonian behind the New Standard, a President in the upper right-hand corner, a Gillette #58 & #59 in the red and gray cases. The Aristocrats above the brushes are a #15 and a #21. A Gillette Rocket 500 HD in the lower right-hand corner and a Gillette #27 in the left-hand corner. There are two single rings in the upper left-hand corner, one in a very nice leather case with the two fiberboard blade banks and the other on a nice silver case. Flanking the Big Boy are a Big Fellow to the left and that re-plated Richwood with the restored case I posted a while back. And lastly, a birth-year Q3 1956 Super Speed (with the original $.77 yellow Walgreens price sticker on the lid) next to the transition year Fat Boy with the brass ring.

I think that's all of them. At some point I'd like to post better individual photos and pics of my Schick Injectors.

Enjoy,

Mike

Attachments

• $Vintage DE Razors, Brushes & other stuff.jpg
    $Vintage DE Razors, Brushes & other stuff.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:
nice stack Mike, I had all of them except the Rothbart, I am not a collector and i sell then once i try them. I am still looking for my REd Ring Eclipse:wink2:

Guys, thanks for the kind words. I'm not a collector either at least that's what I rationalized when I sold the first Big Boy I purchased to a well known collector on this forum. After that I didn't stop until I had another and then a nicer one. Then there's the Rotbarts, why have 2 NOS if you're not a collector. Well, I've resigned myself to the fact that I'm what is referred to in one of my other hobbies, Lionel toy trains, as an operator collector. I operate (shave with) whatever I buy (except for the 1 of the Rotbarts). Razors are like my trains, there are many variations of the same model and it's a slippery slope...

Hopefully one day I'll have the space for another display cabinet for my Schick Injectors.

Mike

Great display Mike & a great collection of shaving jewels! Thanks for posting the photo of this part of your collection. Now you need some place to display your others. And how about some train shots too?

Thanks Jake, now that I finally figured out how to post photos from my iMac the trains are not far behind. BTW, making progress on rebuilding the layout should have some photos soon.

Mike

Top Bottom