What's new

It's time to buy a Wacker razor

I spent half a year improving my honing skills with 4 gold dollar razors. And bought a TI le Dandy razor last week.
Now I want to choose a Wacker razor,Can anyone recommend me a good one? I mean ‘Easy to use, not just good-looking’

many thanks~!:c1:

Wise choice. I have both the Classic and Best Tradition. Love them both.
You really can’t go wrong with a Wacker. They are incredible. Pick the one that appeals the most to your visual senses.

the easiest to use should be: barbier’s bride (Bismarck blade), Classic (5/8”) and All Around (Wacker targets as its entry level)

Wise choice. I have both the Classic and Best Tradition. Love them both.
You really can’t go wrong with a Wacker. They are incredible. Pick the one that appeals the most to your visual senses.

the easiest to use should be: barbier’s bride (Bismarck blade), Classic (5/8”) and All Around (Wacker targets as its entry level)
Chevalier caught my eye first, but it doesn't seem easy to use, Am I right sir?

I bought mine new with a discount, that made it a good deal more affordable, I love it but still use Aust's most of the time.
s-l1600.jpg

The Chevalier and Jungmeister razors are wonderful. I have two Old Sheffield Wackers, and they are the best Wacker razors I have in my collection. I love everything about them...the style...the look...the feel in my hand...and most importantly the edge/shave!

Vr

Matt

I've got three
The Chevalier for its beauty, but it's not a razor for beginners.
The Barbier's Bride, for being a great razor.
The All Round for being extremely good value for the money.
Then again all the old them are as beautiful as Thiers Issard razors and as good as Aust razors. I'd really like to have the Jungmeister, but I've already got several Henckels Friodur and I guess that they are pretty similar when it comes to performance.

I like my All Round better than my Jungmeister, Best Tradition and Chevalier. However, if you want a classic Wacker, I think the Chevalier is where I would put my money.

I have the Chevalier and an Old Sheffield. Both are wonderful performers.

The Chevalier is much more distinctive and it does demand a bit of consideration from the one wielding it, but practice makes perfect (or at least stops the bloodletting). With 6 months under your belt you should be able to get comfortable with it. (But, never get overly comfortable with it).

A word on the Old Sheffield. Several members have complained about the pivot end of the scales extending too far past the pivot point. This places the pivot where the scales are wider than usual. It does make for more spread for your fingers to bridge the wider scale width. But I haven't had mine "fixed" and have adapted without any real trouble. All in all, I love the Old Sheffield.

If I could only buy one, it would be the Chevalier.

I think I am going to use the top one here in a little bit. They really are fine razors, and superb shavers...as are all of the Wackers I have come across.

However, everything about the Old Sheffield’s sing my kind of music!

Vr

Matt

Top Bottom