What's new

It's Time for a New Wallet!

I got one of those aluminum wallets as a christmas gift. I was liking it quite a bit, til I added one too many cards and the clasp broke. Glad I didn't pay for it. A couple of years ago, I tried one of those thin, sailcloth wallets - supposedly tearproof. Tore it in less than six months. I'll probably go back to leather.....

Last edited:
All-Ett is the thinnest, lightest weight, and carries the most cards in the least amount of space of any wallet I've ever used. The best IMHO.

proxy.php

Dalvey Credit card case and money clip... had mine for 3 years and it looks like the day I got it.

I concur with the people that recommend Coach. Their water buffalo wallets last FOREVER! And of course there's Saddleback, which would also easily last you a lifetime. If I could throw out one recommendation, though. If you don't carry a whole lot of cards that you use very regularly, I would really recommend a front pocket wallet. What I do is, I have a Coach water buffalo card case with money clip that carries my cash, DL, debit card, credit card, and health insurance card. In my car I keep my old Fossil bifold that has all my membership cards (Sam's Club, Jos A Bank, C&E, etc...) plus some spare emergency cash. It makes my daily carry much smaller, lighter, and easier on my back. And now I don't carry around 3 months' worth of old receipts and business cards in my wallet anymore!

For probably 5-6 year now I've been using a small wallet with a magnetic money clip (leather covered flap adheres to a magnet in the wallet). One card slot that holds about 5-6 cards (now anyway, I think it has stretched a bit to meet demand) and one more slot with a window for an ID and it has room for me to slide my health insurance card in there.

I've looked at "nice" wallets, but really this one meets my needs completely and is low profile. I wish I bought more than 1 now. I got this at JC Penney I believe for probably less than $20. The way it is wearing, I should have a few more years out of it before the leather wears away where I need it.

Of course this won't work if you a)carry around a wad of cash everywhere or b)have 15 credit cards. I think I've maxed out the cash section with maybe 40 1's before, but it was a little "loose" on the magnet holding it securely. Before you ask, I was going on vacation to an all inclusive resort and had the singles for tip money.

This thread has been very helpful and I have a small size from Saddleback Leather on order.

It's about time for a new wallet I think ... :wink2:

Last edited:
If I could throw out one recommendation, though. If you don't carry a whole lot of cards that you use very regularly, I would really recommend a front pocket wallet.

This is spot on. Google something about wallets in your back pocket and you'll see that it is becoming fairly universally accepted that carrying a big, hard lump on one side is bad for your back over time. Learn to minimize what you carry and go with a front-pocket wallet. It's worth the re-thinking of your "pocket system" Just my .02

My several-year-old Eagle Creek nylon trifold wallet is on its last legs, so I just now ordered a "Big Skinny" trifold wallet from the company website. I'll be very interested to see if it lives up to the reputation and accolades. I was very tempted by the heavy leather and lifetime guarantee of the Saddleback wallets, but I need more room than they offer and I detest sitting on a thick wallet, so I'm passing on the coolness factor in favor of practicality!

I received the "Big Skinny" wallet a couple of days ago and finally got around to transferring everything from my old wallet to the new one. Wow...it really is small and light weight, but holds a significant amount of stuff. I got rid of a few things that I don't need to carry around every day, but it's a fraction of the size and weight of the old Eagle Creek wallet. If it holds up well, I'm really happy with this choice.

http://www.bigskinny.net/tri-fold.html

My wife bought me a Tumi something like 3 years ago. I haven't any idea how dear it is.

I am so hard on stuff I don't expect much anymore, but this thing is awesome. It blends leather and modern ... something. It still looks new. This thing has done very well by me and I am thinking it may be the best wallet I have ever had. :ohmy:

Recently did the downsize thing, and found myself torn between the Big Skinny and the All-Ett. Decided to go with a leather Inside ID All-Ett, which should arrive later this week. Wel'll see....

I've also downloaded the Cardstar App for my Droid, so I no longer have to carry ANY of those rewards cards for my local grocery stores, pharmacies, etc. All I have to do is scan my phone. Took almost 3/16" off my wallet already!

I've got a "Water Buffalo Double Billfold" from Coach. It's lasted about four years now and sits slimly in my pocket, very soft leather.

Top Bottom