What's new

It's the strangest thing, must be time for a new blade.

I just realized a very odd thing when I was shaving last night, or, rather, maybe I finally put two and two together. When it is time to change out the blade my razor somehow feels heavier. I'm using a RR Game Changer .84P head on an aftermarket Muhle clone handle with 7 o'clock (green) blades.

I've got a theory about this actually: perceiving the blade becomming less efficient and starting to tug, I'm subconsciously countering the weight of the razor to apply less pressure as I shave. Yeah, that's it, good as any explanation actually.

Anyone else notice such a thing?

Ratso

Mr. Obvious
I’ve never noticed that. I never use the same blade in the same razor for days in a row. Maybe that’s why I’ve never noticed that. Which 7 o’clock green are you using? The super stainless or permasharp?

I’ve never noticed that. I never use the same blade in the same razor for days in a row. Maybe that’s why I’ve never noticed that. Which 7 o’clock green are you using? The super stainless or permasharp?

I'm pretty sure it' the super stainless. I seem to get about 4-6 shaves out of a blade.

Top Bottom