What's new

It's the little things

So there are a bunch of big ticket reasons for using straight razors, like a great shave, low irritation, etc.
As I have been learning the manly art I have noticed there a quite a few 'B list' positives as well.
Here are a some of mine:
  • There is less mess than DE shaving
  • My DE shaves are better due to learnings from SR
  • I like honing my own razors (a lot)
What are some of your minor positives?

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
My girlfriends love watching me shave with a SR. (Think of going to the speedway to see the crashes 😊.)

I enjoy the total control I have with a SR.

I feel safer shaving with a SR as I can see the edge against my skin. "Safety " razors scare me.

I enjoy the total concentration required when SR saving.

I love the ritual of maintaining my edges, be it just pasted balsa strops or full honing.

So there are a bunch of big ticket reasons for using straight razors, like a great shave, low irritation, etc.
As I have been learning the manly art I have noticed there a quite a few 'B list' positives as well.
Here are a some of mine:
  • There is less mess than DE shaving
  • My DE shaves are better due to learnings from SR
  • I like honing my own razors (a lot)
What are some of your minor positives?
I totally agree with your second and third highlight points……Not sure about point number 1 however!
1648577959330.png

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Crazy easy to keep clean lines for sideburns, goatee, mustache, etc.
This is about the only reason I need to get busy about learning my straights..... I'm wearing a 'stache now since the Fall, along with a chin beard and like the looks of my incredibly handsome face this way enough that I may keep it through at least the Spring....

So If I do, I DEFINITELY need to learn honing, etc, cuz I'm ALREADY wearing out my welcome with my B&B friends. Shoot..... poor ol' @KeenDogg is even got me on ignore, doggone, and he likes EVERYBODY!

This is about the only reason I need to get busy about learning my straights..... I'm wearing a 'stache now since the Fall, along with a chin beard and like the looks of my incredibly handsome face this way enough that I may keep it through at least the Spring....

So If I do, I DEFINITELY need to learn honing, etc, cuz I'm ALREADY wearing out my welcome with my B&B friends. Shoot..... poor ol' @KeenDogg is even got me on ignore, doggone, and he likes EVERYBODY!
Tan, what you need is short blade Barabossa or similar. You can learn the motor control by doing your edging then move on to other parts of your Incredibly Hansom Face™️

I recommend starting with your neck, it feels so good. Almost erotic. :blushing:

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Tan, what you need is short blade Barabossa or similar. You can learn the motor control by doing your edging then move on to other parts of your Incredibly Hansom Face™️

I recommend starting with your neck, it feels so good. Almost erotic. :blushing:
Well, I definitely need help in THAT department...

Top Bottom