What's new

Its summertime, what's your tobacco of choice?

Curiosity is striking me as to what to dive into next when it comes to blends for pipe smoking in the summertime so I figured what better way to see who else is enjoying what when the summer heat kicks up. Let everyone know be it cigars, pipe tobacco, whatever you like when its 3H outside (hazy, hot & humid) :thumbup1:

Larry

I do my very best to avoid the hot, hazy, and humid, and huddle indoors around the A/c vents. So the physical aspect, while I'm at home, doesn't affect me or my choice of leaf. The mental aspect, knowing how uncomfortable it is out there, does slither through my mind.

In any case, I prefer burleys and Virginias most of the time. Maybe once a week, especially if it's raining, I'll load up some English. That stuff seems much more suited to autumn or winter conditions than does Sir Walter Raleigh.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I have not seem to have made any particular shift in type, brand or cut from summer to winter or back.
Of course, I smoke outside on an elevated screened porch in the summer because I want to be out looking around and enjoying the greenery, but in the winter I smoke in a heated garage, so maybe the temperature swing stuff doesn't really have that big an influence on me as far as choices go.

I'm haven't felt a need to change up due to weather but when mowing I like to smoke a cigar. This summer it's a pack of Factory Smokes Churchills.

I generally smoke black Cavendish in my pipes with Lane BCA being my favorite so far. I have a good sized bag of Lane 1-Q I should break into.

Top Bottom