What's new

It's pathetic but even after all these years, I can hardly wait to shave the next day

I too am lucky that I get to shave daily. I typically shave at night!
I just received a new Super Speed today so my shave tonight will be extra special:)
It's been ultrasonically cleaned & dried so it's now up to bat!
Which SS? I've got a '54 40's style and a '64 Flare tip. Both are great to use and I believe I started shaving with a Flare tip but I just can't be sure anymore as it was about 55 years ago!

Which SS? I've got a '54 40's style and a '64 Flare tip. Both are great to use and I believe I started shaving with a Flare tip but I just can't be sure anymore as it was about 55 years ago!
The one I got today has no date code so it's gotta be pre-1951:

full

Looks just like mine! They're great razors.
So far I've loved all the Super Speeds. Especially my 63' Flare tip and my 58' Red tip. And I also love the adjustables (Slim & Fatboy). I'm not to thrilled with the Super Adjustable. It shaves great but the handle is way to long.
And besides Gillette, my Schick Krona is awesome!
So far I have one 1940's ball end Tech and haven't really liked the shaves it gives. For me the Super Speeds are superior!

Lessee, it's about 12:45 AM and what am I doing? Why, rearranging my brushes and soaps and stuff while my wife's at the other house. Think she'll notice tomorrow? Naaaaahhh.

OK, maybe I'll hear something along the lines of, "WTH is wrong with you?!?" ;)

As Carly Simon once said -- Anticipation.

I'd shave every day since it's so enjoyable, but for me it's more satisfying to have a little something to actually shave off. So I shave every other day, and the anticipation is part of the fun. I enjoy going from a scratchy face to dolphin smooth. I don't have sensitive skin, so I could shave every day, but the payoff is not as satisfying with so little stubble to remove.

With the old electric, it was a mundane chore to shave every day to stay presentable for work, but with DE I prefer to limit myself to every other day.

If I said this out loud to my wife, she'd just shake her head but maybe some of you understand. For years, this is the one alone time where I get to indulge myself on something completely personal. Like most guys who are still working, the morning shower and shave was a rush job (at least it was in my time). Now, retired for some years, it's a luxurious self-indulgence. The daily routine of showering and shaving is now like what I imagine a spa treatment might be like for women or those kinda guys who would go to an actual spa. ;) Am I nuts or can I get an amen?
So choir leader what should we the choir sing today :)

reckon all us shaving nerds are YUP :)

yeah for me its just fun hobby to :)

I get up early just so I can give myself a great shave before work. I love it. I am a sober person, (9 years this November) and while I dont drink or use drugs anymore, my mind is hardwired to obsess. I have to be careful not to go to deep into stuff. Shaving, Bass fishing and watches are some of the things that I indulge myself in. That type of rabbit hole thinking never really goes away in recovery, I just have to keep my eye on it and channel it into stuff that is not too terribly bad for me.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I'm typically a late afternoon shaver... every other day, usually, due to some skin conditions that are improving.

But yesterday, we arrived in Bali 43 hours after leaving our place in Florida. I was a bit too tired to shave. This morning at 6AM, I had my first wet shave in a foreign country and it was glorious. The light is so poor I couldn't really see my face. They use 15 or 20 watt bulbs.... imagine that. LOL But my Claymore Evolution and I have become old friends at this point. No missed whiskers, no weepers.... Damn Comfortable Shave as @Chan Eil Whiskers would say. 17 hours after I shaved and I can feel the whiskers on my "Van Dyke" areas on my chin... nothing anywhere else....

So yes... I love wet shaving.... everything about it appeals to me... lathering with a good brush (I brought my Mistura Twins with me), after whipping up the perfect lather in a beautiful bowl... that first feel as the razor blade runs across the skin.... the sound of the whiskers getting mowed down... the razor singing along with the early morning birds. The enjoyment of using a Timeless Ti Crown handle.... all the way to the final step.... putting on the Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel-Cream...

Wonderful.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
If I said this out loud to my wife, she'd just shake her head but maybe some of you understand. For years, this is the one alone time where I get to indulge myself on something completely personal. Like most guys who are still working, the morning shower and shave was a rush job (at least it was in my time). Now, retired for some years, it's a luxurious self-indulgence. The daily routine of showering and shaving is now like what I imagine a spa treatment might be like for women or those kinda guys who would go to an actual spa. ;) Am I nuts or can I get an amen?

I work every day, but feel much the same.

I'm typically a late afternoon shaver... every other day, usually, due to some skin conditions that are improving.

But yesterday, we arrived in Bali 43 hours after leaving our place in Florida. I was a bit too tired to shave. This morning at 6AM, I had my first wet shave in a foreign country and it was glorious. The light is so poor I couldn't really see my face. They use 15 or 20 watt bulbs.... imagine that. LOL But my Claymore Evolution and I have become old friends at this point. No missed whiskers, no weepers.... Damn Comfortable Shave as @Chan Eil Whiskers would say. 17 hours after I shaved and I can feel the whiskers on my "Van Dyke" areas on my chin... nothing anywhere else....

So yes... I love wet shaving.... everything about it appeals to me... lathering with a good brush (I brought my Mistura Twins with me), after whipping up the perfect lather in a beautiful bowl... that first feel as the razor blade runs across the skin.... the sound of the whiskers getting mowed down... the razor singing along with the early morning birds. The enjoyment of using a Timeless Ti Crown handle.... all the way to the final step.... putting on the Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel-Cream...

Wow! What a place to shave!

Happy shaves,

Jim

Yes! As of this moment, there are at least two of us!
Amen, and 3 🙃

Wonderful.
In Bali on vacation and writing on B&B!
This shows absolute dedication to shaving my friend.
Yes, we're definitely all nuts 🤣

Last edited:
Top Bottom