What's new

It's pathetic but even after all these years, I can hardly wait to shave the next day

Chef455

Head Cheese Head Chef
There's a reason we can disappear into the bathroom for a while. A closed bathroom door screams LEAVE ME ALONE. On top of that we get to use our favorite shiny sharp things, rub our faces with soft oversized brushes loaded with our favorite smelling manly soaps or creams. We actually get to focus on OURSELVES without distraction or condemnation for 15 minutes or so....

Not to mention that we can come here and share our experiences with like minded grownups.

It's a wonder we all don't shave 5 or more times a day if you ask me.

I'm glad my facial hair grows pretty quickly so that I have the pleasure of shaving daily. It was so fun to find these forums. When my family was about to have me committed, I pointed at this forum on the computer screen and said, "See? See? I'm not crazy. There's a bunch of others with the same afflic...uh...hobby."

I agree and I really look forward to my shaves. I include in that the post-shave feeling of smooth skin, not just the actual shaving part. When I have a great shave I feel better all day. And if I have a less good shave then I simply look forward to the next shave when I will do better. Altogether I would say shaving is about the most enjoyable thing I do most days, and I don’t even think that is a tragic statement to make - it’s not that the rest of my day is bad, it’s that shaving can be a genuine pleasure.

I look forward to shaving even more too, now, because I have branched into straight razors (both traditional and replaceable blade) and it’s another element of my enjoyment to have different ways to shave depending on what I feel like using. I also look forward to choosing my soap for each shave and picking a scent to enhance the experience (as another member recently pointed out, picking the scent is like picking the music to listen to).

It's nice to treat yourself to a nice little few minutes each day. A MdC/SV/MWF shave after a hot shower and a long day is an indulgence. I haven't shaved in two days and all day I've thought about which soap I'm going to use tonight.

Oh! and tonight I get to start a new blade, lol :thumbup: Very few people on this planet would understand my excitement.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
Less than an hour later, I gave in. I said, "Self, you can shave right now if you want to, you don't need a full 24 hours! Get in there!!" So I did.
Great minds must think alike. I had the same experience yesterday. Shaved in the morning as usual. About 12 hours later I felt (emotionally) that I would like another shave - now. So I did!

This morning I still had something to shave - just.

I started shaving in the evening after work some time ago. It is a time of pampering and self indulgence. I always enjoyed the time on the weekends when I was not in a rush. Three fourths of the year I showered before and after work anyways. I have also found that I look forward to my shave all day. It also very relaxing for me after a long day of work.

About a month ago I started shaving in the evening, cause with the heat, having a cold shower and menthol shave was a nice way to prepare for sleep. However, I’ve been sticking with the evening shaves because there’s no time restrictions. And yeah, I’m always looking forward to it.

I’d wager that most folks reading this thread feel exactly the same way as the OP.
You know, you might be on to something. ;)

And not for nuthin' but I received a small box in the mail today (mostly bath soap and a tube of Speick cream, which I'd never tried, only their stick). But also, I impulsively bought a Simpson synthetic Trafalgar T2 brush because it had a nice handle and was barely more expensive than a nicer Omega or cheap Semogue - $22. Even though I'd shaved just a few hours earlier, I HAD to go try this brush with the Speick and at least do a pass (though there was little to shave). Love the Speick cream. Absolutely HATE the Trafalgar T2 synthetic. It lathered great but it felt weird and I just have to come to terms that I'm a badger and/or boar brush guy. I can't return it, I'm too new to do anything here, and I can't toss it (like the handle) so I'm wondering if it's worth reknotting it. Problem is I have no need for another boar or badger brush and I was hoping to have a synthetic in the little collection. But I can't, I just can't...

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
You know, you might be on to something. ;)

And not for nuthin' but I received a small box in the mail today (mostly bath soap and a tube of Speick cream, which I'd never tried, only their stick). But also, I impulsively bought a Simpson synthetic Trafalgar T2 brush because it had a nice handle and was barely more expensive than a nicer Omega or cheap Semogue - $22. Even though I'd shaved just a few hours earlier, I HAD to go try this brush with the Speick and at least do a pass (though there was little to shave). Love the Speick cream. Absolutely HATE the Trafalgar T2 synthetic. It lathered great but it felt weird and I just have to come to terms that I'm a badger and/or boar brush guy. I can't return it, I'm too new to do anything here, and I can't toss it (like the handle) so I'm wondering if it's worth reknotting it. Problem is I have no need for another boar or badger brush and I was hoping to have a synthetic in the little collection. But I can't, I just can't...
You could PIF (pay it forward) it — that creates immense good will.

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
I've seen the term here but have no idea what it really is other than from a movie some years ago. I would imagine giving away free stuff absolutely creates good will! :D I might be too new to know what's going on with the whole PIF thing.
No worries ... stick around and you’ll see some PIF’s and can learn how to start one. (Look for ‘Giveaway’ threads). Or, you could donate it to the annual cancer auction that B&B does in October. Either way, you’ll find your path.

I am super lucky. I am still working, but not traveling as much (I quit tracking my miles at 2.5M flown).

When I do, my office locations have shave stuff waiting for me. I never cartridge shave. I have 19 years to go to retire so hopefully that means a heck of a lot more shaves.

Looking forward to tomorrow morning already.

Health and good shaves to all!

No worries ... stick around and you’ll see some PIF’s and can learn how to start one. (Look for ‘Giveaway’ threads). Or, you could donate it to the annual cancer auction that B&B does in October. Either way, you’ll find your path.
If I still have it come October, that sounds like something I would support doing.

Top Bottom