What's new

It's pathetic but even after all these years, I can hardly wait to shave the next day

I'm typically a late afternoon shaver... every other day, usually, due to some skin conditions that are improving.

But yesterday, we arrived in Bali 43 hours after leaving our place in Florida. I was a bit too tired to shave. This morning at 6AM, I had my first wet shave in a foreign country and it was glorious. The light is so poor I couldn't really see my face. They use 15 or 20 watt bulbs.... imagine that. LOL But my Claymore Evolution and I have become old friends at this point. No missed whiskers, no weepers.... Damn Comfortable Shave as @Chan Eil Whiskers would say. 17 hours after I shaved and I can feel the whiskers on my "Van Dyke" areas on my chin... nothing anywhere else....

So yes... I love wet shaving.... everything about it appeals to me... lathering with a good brush (I brought my Mistura Twins with me), after whipping up the perfect lather in a beautiful bowl... that first feel as the razor blade runs across the skin.... the sound of the whiskers getting mowed down... the razor singing along with the early morning birds. The enjoyment of using a Timeless Ti Crown handle.... all the way to the final step.... putting on the Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel-Cream...

Wonderful.
Have a great time (all things considered) Kim !
Be mindful of the water over there ...

Reading this thread empowered me to whip up a small batch of Varen - just for me :001_wub:

Single pass with the SuperSpeed Flare-Tip and a PermaSharp followed by a bit of Captain's Choice Lime; in case you were curious
This may actually be a thing now.
Whipped up a wee batch of Tabac, followed by a single-pass Wilkie TTO/PermaSharp/Fla Water before heading out to Krispy Kreme

I had a really long night and slept poorly. When I finally dragged my sorry *** out of bed, I knew shaving wasn't on the table for awhile. Just finally got around to it 7 hours later and did it all cold water. I recently got a Proraso Pro boar brush and had used it a couple times already. I had worked it a bit to get it broken in but, last night, let it soak in the fridge overnight and put it out to dry (literally, outside) after I was up. I bought it specifically for my soaps and for a healthy lathering experience. Used a homemade puck of Speick (from a stick), only wetted the brush for a minute or so while I splashed cold water on my face a few times. Grabbed my '64 Super Speed which has a Nacet blade loaded (with 2 shaves I think). Loaded the brush, gave my face a light wipedown, and got the full lather whipped up in my Captain's Choice copper bowl. I spent a few minutes attacking my face with the brush because it just felt so damn good. I sort of rushed the shave but still hit my goal of BBS. I needed all cold water today to snap out of the lull I was in. Alum block (always), rinse and then Proraso green splash followed by their balm. Let me tell you, brothers, it was a helluva save if I say so myself (save AND shave). :D And now, a nice ice cold IPA from Deschutes!

With my job, it's a wasted effort to shower in the morning. I must shower after work regardless, as I work in a wastewater treatment plant, so I just make that my daily shower/shave time. I don't shave every day, but I do get excited about it and mentally start going through which items I'm going to use etc on the days I decide to.

With my job, it's a wasted effort to shower in the morning. I must shower after work regardless, as I work in a wastewater treatment plant, so I just make that my daily shower/shave time. I don't shave every day, but I do get excited about it and mentally start going through which items I'm going to use etc on the days I decide to.
It makes me feel better to know I'm not alone out there. With that avatar of yours, I had you pegged as a physicist.

It makes me feel better to know I'm not alone out there. With that avatar of yours, I had you pegged as a physicist.

That's funny, my first year in university was in a bachelor of science with honours in physics and astronomy. But I found calculus boring and decided I didn't want to pigeon hole myself into the masters/doctorate path where the only realistically available careers would be teaching or research. So I looked at the two year technical diploma courses and figured Water & Wastewater had the highest job security (everyone needs water, everyone poops).

The avatar is a nod to my Norwegian ancestry and Norse mythology.

That's funny, my first year in university was in a bachelor of science with honours in physics and astronomy. But I found calculus boring and decided I didn't want to pigeon hole myself into the masters/doctorate path where the only realistically available careers would be teaching or research. So I looked at the two year technical diploma courses and figured Water & Wastewater had the highest job security (everyone needs water, everyone poops).

The avatar is a nod to my Norwegian ancestry and Norse mythology.
Very cool. I'm an amateur astronomer and minored in astronomy but my degree was in environmental sciences because I thought I wanted to be a park or forest service ranger. Instead, I went into finance and never worked a day in my life in the field I studied for. Still, it made camping more fun over the subsequent years. Sometime, tell me more about the avatar. I love that sort of stuff. Reminds me of the old stoner days... ;)

This and at least for me that dilema: close agressive shave and then wait longer for whiskers to show up or mild everyday not that close shave where I feel whiskers only few hours after last shave or in case of DFS immediately when rubbing ATG.

I think we need whiskers fertilizer.😁
I'm looking into Nair. I could get rid of everything in the bathroom except one bottle of that stuff. I wonder if they make it with a sandalwood scent?

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
I think we need whiskers fertilizer.😁
@camoloc and I developed the perfect whisker growth treatment but we don't know of anyone else who is regularly using it.

Mix fresh goat manure with chilled seawater into a paste. Apply the paste to your face and leave on overnight. Gently rinse off just before shaving in the morning. After your shave apply fermented salami cream to your face and rub well into your skin, leaving it on during the day.

@camoloc and I developed the perfect whisker growth treatment but we don't know of anyone else who is regularly using it.

Mix fresh goat manure with chilled seawater into a paste. Apply the paste to your face and leave on overnight. Gently rinse off just before shaving in the morning. After your shave apply fermented salami cream to your face and rub well into your skin, leaving it on during the day.
It looks cool but I rather use my Proraso Red balm 😀. Also it smells a little bit better 😀🫢

Top Bottom