What's new

It's Official

I'm back. I got my RupRazor starter kit yesterday (Paladin and NOS Filarmonica on the way) and did my first straight shave in over a year this morning.

A little AOS Lavender Cream on a Saville Row 3118 and I got myself a great shave, even if it is a little shy of BBS on the neck.

Only 3 small cuts, all from failing to stretch properly (not such a necessity when you are 21 and are used to a DE)

I'm really looking forward to seeing how a couple of ebay bids turn out...

The bay. There are usually a handful up there with crazy prices. But a deal can be scored, particularly if you are like me and like a small blade. I only paid $50 for a 4/8 Doble Temple while there is currently an 8/8 Para Barbas Duras at $390 with 5 hours to go...

This post reminded me of fishermen: you don't ask for spots, and they don't tell you either :wink2:. Straight shavers may be more generous. If I have to guess, I would say Ebay...

Al raz.

I don't fish. Knowing the NOS TIs and Revisors are readily available, I wasn't sure of the same for Filarmonicas. Wasn't looking for the secret spot, just the regular one.

Thanks Dp! I've been using 5/8s and doing just fine; smaller may be the way to go.

Thanks Dp! I've been using 5/8s and doing just fine; smaller may be the way to go.

I don't fish either.

Anyway, I have a borderline prominent nose and chin as well as a smaller than average face in general so I have a hard time doing a good job everywhere using a larger blade.

The 4/8 makes it super easy to reach all the hard to reach places and I've heard only good things about the Filarmonicas of every size.

Additionally, the Russian straights I won earlier today look to be somewhere around 5/8, which happens to be a close second favorite.

Nice, glad to hear you're enjoying it so far.

My Paladin was a little underwhelming until I read the instructions (my bad, I know) to run a bottle over the surface repeatedly (generally good advice for a strop), now I love it!

Top Bottom