What's new

It's official: I'm an Arkolyte

arko-enthus-1.png

Last edited:
I too love the Arko stick.
I unpacked it first even though I had several other soaps, and thoroughly loved the smell.

It's very refreshing and I've opened it slightly, to preserve the smell as long as possible.

Lather, Slickness and Protection - all are excellent.

I do need to put a bit extra care after the shave because my skin dries out quickly.

My first time using Arko today, it seems like a rite passage that so many before us have walked. It'd be great if they sold shave stick retail in Australia. They've removed all shave stick from supermarkets and retail... although the shaver shop does stock an Australian made stick called "Windosr".

So I found out what everyone has before me, very good slickness, strong citronella scent. The fumes from the scent did sting my eye a bit. I've found this on a few soaps, Arko is now one of them, the Weleda shaving cream causes my eyes to sting even more. It is true the scent is polarising... I am in the group that doesn't enjoy it. It did a good job shaving and built a nice lather.

I left the stick on the bathroom counter and my wife asked me to do something about that white shaving soap by the sink, she feels nauseated from the smell. She said it smells like some kind of flower oil that'd get used in an Indian setting and agreed it smelt like citronella candles to get rid of mosquitos.

Actually the more I smell it to more it reminds me of a caravan park... both in terms of citronella candles and citrus disinfected spray they use in cheap motels. For me, it's utilitarian. I used very little product to get a ton of slick lather, so it's very affordable. Will I be using it regularly, no, just every now and again if my wife isn't around in the mornings, she can't stand it, so that says it all for me. I don't like it at all but don't hate it like her, she used her executive decision privilege on this.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
With only 5½ sticks of Arko left, I realised that I only had enough to last the next three years. I ordered another 10 sticks from Turkey (USD 20 incl. shipping). I found it interesting that all my girlfriends like the sent (aka smell). Filipinas can be strange beasts.

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
With only 5½ sticks of Arko left, I realised that I only had enough to last the next three years. I ordered another 10 sticks from Turkey (USD 20 incl. shipping). I found it interesting that all my girlfriends like the sent (aka smell). Filipinas can be strange beasts.
I only have one stick of Arko and I can't seem to finish it fast enough

I had a shave today with Chubby 3 and Vitos.

Chubby 3 being a pouty mouth fatso of a brush, refused to give back workable lather, so I decided to threaten it with the big gun (Arko), but decided against it.

Why waste a perfectly good soap on threatening my Big Bess ?

So, instead I used Arko for face lather and completed today's shave without much damage to the face, thanks to it's slickness and protection even though 1st pass was bad.

What's the difference between the stick and the puck? Is it the same soap, different shape?
This is my first experience with Arko too, but, I'd assume it's the same. It is a hard puck and does have that scent I would associate urinal cake with.

What's the difference between the stick and the puck? Is it the same soap, different shape?
There was some discussion about ingredients and it turns out there are some subtle differences.
This results in people getting slicker shaves with the stick, although difference is hard to find and many factors come in.

So basically, Arko in stick is great, soap is also great because at the end of the day, Arko is great.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I know this is hard to believe, me being the "self important,er, self APPOINTED king of Arkoland" an' all, but I have never tried anything but the stick.

But....one must assume there is a difference in formula because Arkoland has some strange Subjects that actually MAKE MORE WERK THAN NECESSARY when shaving with the Arko stick buy somehow or nuther gettin' it squished into a bowl and turning it into a puck!

One thing I can say about my Royal Subjex is this: they may be loyal to the Arkoman, but they ain't necessarily the brightest folks!

Ad Astra

The Instigator
I know this is hard to believe, me being the "self important,er, self APPOINTED king of Arkoland" an' all, but I have never tried anything but the stick.

But....one must assume there is a difference in formula because Arkoland has some strange Subjects that actually MAKE MORE WERK THAN NECESSARY when shaving with the Arko stick buy somehow or nuther gettin' it squished into a bowl and turning it into a puck!

One thing I can say about my Royal Subjex is this: they may be loyal to the Arkoman, but they ain't necessarily the brightest folks!

Dave, do try the bowl. 🤔 The brush splays right over the convex puck, it loads easily and well. I've got the Arko stick too but have never unwrapped it.

AA

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Dave, do try the bowl. 🤔 The brush splays right over the convex puck, it loads easily and well. I've got the Arko stick too but have never unwrapped it.

AA
That post RIGHT THERE proves that you are as weird as me! I see an Arkoland Knighthood in your future! You are certainly headed for even further greatness in life my friend.

Top Bottom