What's new
    As per our long standing policy of not permitting medical advice on the forum - all threads concerning the Coronavirus will be locked.
    For more info on the coronavirus please see the link below:
    https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/summary.html

Its official...a legend from the deep awakens...fear the NHL Seattle Kraken!

FarmerTan

George Bailey Fanboy
Well at least that way you get a shot at a Stanley Cup parade in your lifetime.

View attachment 1200842
Oh my! Borderline cruelty, LOL!

As a Wingnut, we honestly only had my dad's legendary stories of Gordy How'd growing up. Then came Yzerman and the merry band of Russians, and I get to tell my future grandkids of the glory days.

There were a LOT of lean years in DeeTroit.

I'm in the minority here hate the expansion lets go back even further I hate Buttman err I mean Bettman.
Simple put he's bad for the league he watered it down.
Hate’s a rather strong word, but I’m totally with your watered down sentiments.

And along those lines, save for some heated & entertaining cold war-era Czech-USSR tilts, I’ve never been a big fan of the PC Euro-style hockey being played out in the NHL ... where some present day 1st-liners would have been lucky to have seen ice team in a shinney game.

Owen Bawn

"Ask me about a fluffernutter"
Hate’s a rather strong word, but I’m totally with your watered down sentiments.

And along those lines, save for some heated & entertaining cold war-era Czech-USSR tilts, I’ve never been a big fan of the PC Euro-style hockey being played out in the NHL ... where some present day 1st-liners would have been lucky to have seen ice team in a shinney game.
Part of that is the influence of international players, and part of it is the influence of US college hockey culture. The third element is money. These guys are all aware that knocking a guy into next week is bad for his wallet, and, by extension, for your wallet, potentially. So there's now a gentleman's agreement to play nice. The worst goon behaviour today is what... Marchand licking guys? Can you imagine what Ted Lindsay or Gordie or Eddie Shack, John Ferguson, Knucksie Nilan or Ted Green would do to Marchand if he licked them?

What do you think about Ryan Reaves? I'm a pretty new hockey fan but hear people say things about him being one of the toughest in the league. He seems like he's usually pretty careful not to take cheap shots or injure people and I think that seems like an ok balance. But like I said, I'm new.

FarmerTan

George Bailey Fanboy
Part of that is the influence of international players, and part of it is the influence of US college hockey culture. The third element is money. These guys are all aware that knocking a guy into next week is bad for his wallet, and, by extension, for your wallet, potentially. So there's now a gentleman's agreement to play nice. The worst goon behaviour today is what... Marchand licking guys? Can you imagine what Ted Lindsay or Gordie or Eddie Shack, John Ferguson, Knucksie Nilan or Ted Green would do to Marchand if he licked them?
No one could have stopped the pummeling he'd have received.

Top Bottom