What's new

Its not your fathers ivory soap anymore

Ok I remember how ivory soap used to lather and being it is a high tallow soap I was all excited about using it as a shaving soap.
SO out I fo and buy some and start whipping up a lather and to my disappointment NADA!
I remember showering with it years ago and have copious lather so what went wrong??/ Well they changed the formula.
As I reviewed the ingredients, there was the culprit brighter than day looking at me in the face. They added MAGNESIUM SULFATE!
No wonder no foaming nor lather. Mag sulfate makes the water hard as in bath salts and
thus puts an ending to foaming and copious thick lather.
Well at least I only bought one bar and am using it for a hand soap.

BTW they also took out the air and it now sinks! What right has it to call itself Ivory soap 99.99/100ths pure!
Oh how I wish I had some boxes or bars with Marilyn Chambers on the wrapper to shave with!

Last edited:
You are out of luck, some guy married her and they live happily after in a nice suburban house with a white picket fence.

You could always try Kirks Castile. We have VERY hard water, and that stuff lathers like no tomorrow!

You could always try Kirks Castile. We have VERY hard water, and that stuff lathers like no tomorrow!
+2

I had no idea who Marilyn Chambers was until this thread :redface:

edit: I just realized that this is the shave soap forum. So my "+2" stands as far as Kirk's being very good soap, inexpensive, and that lathers well. But I have no idea how well it works as a shaving soap.

Last edited:
Top Bottom