What's new

Its not a shaving bowl but !

Its is now, I picked it up at a car boot sale, or to the Americans , a Garage sale it was only 50pence, don't really know what that is in $, I mean its less than $1. I didnt start its life out as a shaving bowel, but when I seen the little tray running around the bottom, I thought O yer I fill that tray with boiling water and it keeps the whole of the bowel lovely and hot.

Attachments

• $shaving bowel.jpg
    $shaving bowel.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 232
Indeed, I would not want to shave in a bowel either. Now a nice looking vessel like the one pictured would be fine.

Cheers, Todd

Erm. I think there may be a translation error, The word bowl is what you are looking for. The word bowel is something...completely different.

Last edited by a moderator:
us Americans know what a car boot sale is now thanks to this thread: http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/315884-Car-boot-sales-what-have?highlight=car+boot+sale

that looks neat although i dont think hot water in the tray would keep your lather warm, or warm for very long. but you could use it for other things

Sorry but your wrong, what I do is I fill the big bowl with boiling water ,while I was my face and so when I mix the cream its still hot, then when I have mixed the cream I add boiling water to the bottom tray so cos the top is still warm, by adding more boiling water it keeps the cream warm.

I suspect the bowl is originally for gravy or condiments, spoon resting on bottom plate.

We also have car boot sales over here...usually, very private, ill lit, all cash and quick

Top Bottom