What's new

It's not a closed comb, it's a safety bar!

There's no such thing as a closed comb.

proxy.php

End of nitpick :001_tt2:

Last edited:
Thank you for posting this.

I have heard the Muhle R41 referred to as a "closed comb" razor way too many times. Yes, the safety bar has ridges, but that does not make it a "closed comb" by any stretch of the imagination.

So whats the opposite of an open-faced sandwich? Closed-face? :lol

You are correct! Most people eat their sandwich in the "closed-face" orientation with the filling sandwiched between the bread. You could argue that an "open-faced" sandwich was not really a sandwich at all as the filling is not in fact sandwiched between anything.

Not sure a closed combe could combe anything, so can see why one might argue that the term is being mis-applied.

The requirement, to be a comb, is to have teeth.
I can find no prohibition on having those combs connected in more than one place, i.e. the gem 1912, nor can I find any requirement about placement.
The thing has combs whether those combs are coming off of the head under the blade, or if they're coming off the safety bar toward the blade.

Amish and Copierguy, your points are fair. But you are talking about maybe 0.1% of all razor designs ever made. My rant concerns those who do not know what a true safety bar design is (or refuse to call it that). Now get off my lawn! :biggrin:

Last edited:
Amish and Copierguy, your points are fair. But you are talking about maybe 0.1% of all razor designs ever made. My rant concerns those who do not know what a true safety bar design is (or refuse to call it that). Now get off my lawn! :biggrin:

Just turn the sprinklers on......that normally gets the crowd moving. :biggrin:

Top Bottom