What's new

It's not a closed comb, it's a safety bar!

Hey Gruder, there is a unique razor on e-bay right now! It one of those genuine really extraordinarily rare Gillette Regus Razors. It says so right there in the title anyway... :001_rolle:lol:

Just to be difficult, I'm going to disagree.
If we all use a word, and know what that word means, and agree on the meaning of the word, dictionary be damned that's the right word.

We're speaking English, where words are defined 'descriptively'. If you want to be 'prescriptive' and have a central committee draw up a list of acceptable uses, learn French! :001_tt2:

If we all use a word, and know what that word means, and agree on the meaning of the word, dictionary be damned that's the right word.

We're speaking English, where words are defined 'descriptively'. If you want to be 'prescriptive' and have a central committee draw up a list of acceptable uses, learn French! :001_tt2:

...Et tu, Chris?

There's no such thing as a closed comb.

proxy.php

End of nitpick :001_tt2:

And get off my lawn!

I believe that even "open" in open comb is a bit superflous, as a comb can't be anything but open, in order for it to function as a comb. For a comb to comb it has to have teeth that seperate or move through the hairs. So when is a comb not a comb? When it's closed. But, when is a thread not a thread..?

FLARE:

proxy.php

FLAIR:

proxy.php

:smile:

-jim

...Et tu, Chris?

Sorry, Julius.

Nahh... "tu" would be correct.
"Vous" would require the use of "Monsieur" followed by the last name (which we don't have).

Men on a first-name basis would use "tu" :wink:

Close. "Tu" is casual or informal, used among friends. "Vous" is used for one's elders, one's social betters and as a general sign of respect towards the person being discussed. So I'm good either way :biggrin1:

Plus, I think he was talking Latin, and my Latin is a little rusty....

I still see the R41 as a closed comb. Calling it a safety bar w/ teeth or ridges is like calling a shark, a dolphin with bigger teeth.

Top Bottom