What's new

It's finally arrived! (knees quaking......)

Hey guys,

Guess what I had delivered in a little brown box from classsicshaving this AM? That's right, my Feather Artist Club arrived along with pro-guard and super-pro blades.

First impression, it's not at all what I was expecting. I had a mental image of this being some honking, big, heavy piece of equipment that was going to be a force to be reckoned with. I was expecting to be intimidated merely looking at the thing.

Bearing in mind I've never actally held a real straight razor I was surprised by the Feather. It's not that heavy, not that big but extremely well made. It feels like a precision instrument, not some deadly facial hamburging device. It's certainly taken away from some of the mystique surrounding it. I mean, it even looks quite big in all the photos scattered around the forum so I was genuinely surprised by the size of it.

Still, I'm not quite so scared about trying it out now, I may even give it a whirl tomorrow morning.

Hamburging device? My GAWD MAN! What have you been doing in the Vermont Woods?
Despite the fact that it is light as a feather, (PUN intended), slowly you go!

Ahhhhhh Ron, good old trusty Ron......always in there with responses to my posts. Cheers mate, I will take it very slowly, trust me!:eek:

P.S. I'm sure I have no idea what you're talking about that goes on in these 'ere woods..................:a38:

Yes, heed Ron's wise advice!! When I shave with mine, I just barely touch the surface of my face with the blade and I DON'T force the blade across my skin like I do with my traditional straight. I also keep the angle to a minimum.

Good Luck and give us a report tomorrow.

woodbane said:
Ahhhhhh Ron, good old trusty Ron......always in there with responses to my posts. Cheers mate, I will take it very slowly, trust me!:eek:

P.S. I'm sure I have no idea what you're talking about that goes on in these 'ere woods..................:a38:
My mistake! I thought you typed humbugging device!:lol:

Scotto said:
If we don't hear from you tomorrow, have your family forward us the charity info for donations. :tongue:

Austin said:

Oh, ha-ha-ha! You guys are too fu**in' funny!:biggrin: :biggrin:

I plan on using a guarded blade first off to try and minimise the potential for damage.

I'm also hoping the fact I have never used a traditional straight only DE's and my technique is pretty good with those (light touch et al), that I may fare better than some people have experienced.

We'll see...............:tongue:

You're a brave man. I'm intrigued by the straights, but am resisting the slippery slope of embarking upon another shaving quest. I'll stick with the endless pursuit of creams, soaps, after shaves, colognes, brushes and razors.

I just don't understand why my wife is concerned about my new hobby.

mrob said:
I just don't understand why my wife is concerned about my new hobby.
I don't know. My fiancé (only for another month) shares the same feeling. Although she did help to work on a razor last week. So I think she's actually enjoying it a little now.

LX_Emergency said:
I don't know. My fiancé (only for another month) shares the same feeling. Although she did help to work on a razor last week. So I think she's actually enjoying it a little now.

My fiancée (for 74 days - looks like you are ahead of me, LX_Emergency) gives me a hard time about being a sissy since I now own more face/skin-care stuff than she does and can sometimes spend an hour a day in the bathroom (between shaving, showering, and washing at night, it is easy to do this)... but she seems more accepting of it as time goes on and does appear to enjoy the end result (a smooth face). However, I expect that I'll be more likely hear her make fun of me than join me in fixing up an old razor (whenever the old-razor-bug bites my *** and I decide that I need to start collecting).

Top Bottom