What's new

πŸ‚ 🍁 🍎 πŸ₯§ β€œIt’s Fall!” SOTD Theme Week - September 19th, 2022 to September 25th, 2022 πŸ‚ 🍁 🍎 πŸ₯§

Status
Not open for further replies.
20220924_083108.jpg

Razor: Schick F New and Improved Injector razor
Blade: Schick Plus Platinum injector blade
Brush: Rudy Vey 2022 B & B Contributor Brush
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Caswell-Massey Number Six
Aftershave: Pinaud Lilac Vegetal
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder
Β 
9/22/22
Chiseled Face Santa Paula
Art of Shaving in Fine Badger
11/16 Red Imp #132 by Case USA
Tony Miller 3" Steerhide Strop
West Coast Shaving Alum Block
Lucky Tiger After Shave & Face Tonic
Art of Shaving Bergamot & Neroli
Acqua di Parma Bergamotto di Calabria
SOTD9-22-22.jpg

9/23/22
Tabac
Shavemac Custom Silver Tip
Muhle R41 (2013)
Treet Platinum (9)
Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum
Haslinger Sandalwood Balm
Dolce & Gabbana The One
SOTD9-23-22.jpg

9/25/22
Noble Otter Plunder
Shavemac Custom Silver Tip
5/8 Boker "Warrior"
Tony Miller 3" Fast Bridle Strop
Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum
Halsinger Sandalwood Balm
Banana Republic Cordovan
SOTD9-25-22.jpg
Β 

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
That’s quite a find, Cal. I’ve never seen one since I started looking at Vintage Gillette razors.

Granted, it’s only been a couple months.
Β 
That’s quite a find, Cal. I’ve never seen one since I started looking at Vintage Gillette razors.
:001_unsur I'm not sure if we're on the same page, Kim... but that's the one I'll be having another couple of shaves with before moving back on to my NEW RFB to give you a comparison.

EDIT:
In my experience the NEW Flat Bottoms are much easier to find than the NEW RFBs.
Β 

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
:001_unsur I'm not sure if we're on the same page, Kim... but that's the one I'll be having another couple of shaves with before moving back on to my NEW RFB to give you a comparison.

EDIT:
In my experience the NEW Flat Bottoms are much easier to find than the NEW RFBs.
I guess I'm looking in the wrong place. Yes, I know this is your recent find.... a NEW Flat Bottom... not the NEW Raised Flat Bottom. I had no problem finding a NEW Raised Flat Bottom. I've never seen the NEW Flat Bottom before yours showed up. Does it have another name? Is it the NEW 7 o'clock Flat Bottom? I did see several of those for $150, give or take.

I didn't do extensive searches. I have too many DE razors on my plate at the moment but I did take a quick look at Etsy, eBay US, UK and Canada.
Β 
09/25/22 Shave of the Day
Face Wash with Stirling Soap Co. Glacial Unscented - Pre-Shave Soap
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Good Vibrations Boardwalk Barbershop Scent Shampoo & Conditioner Puck
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements John Frum Epic Artisan Shaving Soap - Ultra Premium CK-6 Formula
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements The Solar Flare - 24mm Nexus Hybrid Synth Brush based on the Erskine K-250
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Official 30oz Phoenix Shaving Stainless Steel Enamel Coated Lather Shave Bowl V2
Phoenix Shaving Ceramic Moonscape Brush Scuttle
Phoenix Shaving The META-4 Safety Razor Flare Tip Series 316 L Stainless Clog Proof with Mystical Mustard Tip
Phoenix Shaving Platinum Strangelet Super Sharps Double Edge Blades - 1st Shave
Lancaster Razor Works Lavender Black Sheep Shaving Towel
Phoenix Shaving No Slip Grip Alum Block
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Alum Block Dry Dock System
Thayers Alcohol Free Cucumber Witch Hazel Toner with Aloe Vera
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements John Frum Epic Aftershave & Cologne
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Epic 5% Niacinamide (Vitamin B3) Serum
Phoenix Shaving Droid Black Artisan Natural Deodorant Sport Strength Homage to FloΓ―d Black
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Future Fiction Pomade - Epic Water Soluble Medium Hold Formula
​
B IMG_1814.jpeg
Β 
I guess I'm looking in the wrong place. Yes, I know this is your recent find.... a NEW Flat Bottom... not the NEW Raised Flat Bottom. I had no problem finding a NEW Raised Flat Bottom. I've never seen the NEW Flat Bottom before yours showed up. Does it have another name? Is it the NEW 7 o'clock Flat Bottom?
No (IMO).

I'm guessing that 7 o'clock, which Gillette acquired, made the first Flat Bottoms. (HERE's my 1933 7 o'clock Flat Bottom.) Then they apparently changed the maker's stamp from 7 o'clock to Gillette and the Gillette NEW Flat Bottom was born. I assume they called the Gillette stamped one a NEW because they were only producing the NEW series of razors at that time.*

Due to the above, I call mine a 7 o'clock Flat Bottom Open Comb (FBOC)... NOT a NEW.

* If my guessing is wrong I'd definitely like my 7 o'clock/Gillette knowledge to be brought up-to-speed by the experts and aficionados, please.
I did see several of those for $150, give or take.
I purchased my 7 o'clock FBOC on eBay.co.uk for Β£25 (including shipping) in December last year (2021).
Β 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom