What's new

It’s been an odd week...

It started last Monday, I was lathering a puck of MWF for my daily night shaving and SWMBO got into the bathroom to wash her face; she ran out of her soap so after eyeing my lather bowl, she asked me if she could use some of it...”help yourself”.

She was so happy with the soap that for the last week, she tried all my soaps and brushes: she loved MWF, Proraso (white) and Cella (in fact we just ordered a brick). So, she is so pumped up for the soaps that now we are selecting the next orders. About the brushes: she didn’t care for the badgers, she settled for a Omega boar. And we are waiting for a synthetic to arrive...

For now she’s “helping me to finish” (her words) my puck of MWF, and was so happy that she even made me a couple of leather sleeves for my Rockwell 6c.

So, after this odd week I have several questions: I’m the only one sharing soaps with his SWMBO? Are these ground to get my wet shaver license revoked? I’m going to get expelled from B&B?

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
No expulsion, enjoy the shared interest. My LOTH is not interested in any of my shaving gear except for how my colognes smell.

So now you get to buy a few new soaps "for her" !
proxy.php

Au contraire, getting your wife involved is a good thing, or can be in any event. The upside is you won't get yelled at as much for buying too much stuff. The downside (for me) is she has completely taken over my Omega Professional boar and she has used up a couple of my favorite soaps!

I think Stirling anticipated this and made Witchy Woman and Piacenza shave soaps. I think it's awesome that she got involved. So many people on here seem at odds with their spouses in the shave den. Teamwork makes a great relationship!

Shared interests are great and though I seem to be unable to get my Queen to try any of my razors or soaps she is keenly aware of scent strengths and what she likes to smell down range of I...enjoy and buying bricks of Cella is cool! Alas, with all the soaps and creams I have in rotation my little 150g of Cella will take a very long time to get through...LOL.

Wonderful to hear she’s on board! A lot of SOs would do their skin some good by at least dipping into the witch hazel, but mine shows no such desire.

Wonderful to hear she’s on board! A lot of SOs would do their skin some good by at least dipping into the witch hazel, but mine shows no such desire.
My wife LOVE Thayers witch hazel, in fact we are trying to get the soap...

Top Bottom