What's new

its been a while....

I have been a member on here for a while now .. but my activity comes and goes ... over the past year or so a lot has changed ... in that same time i started growing a beard, instead of shaving every day. why, i can not fully explain it just seemed to fit my outlook on everything that was happening...

till more recently though i did not do much to care for it other then washing and brushing. now though, conditioner, oils and the occasional balm.

a few near - misses with it while trimming has it in a mid state... till i found where i want my neckline to be .. so now i am just waiting for it to all even out again ... but it is finally staying full.

IMG_0330 (1).JPG

except for the sides ... they always will be thin apparently!

Looks Great! Wear it with pride! :thumbup1:

Your cheeks may fill in better with time. Mine fill in much slower than the rest of my beard.Looks like you've got the neck line figured out. But, I just want to add. Always better to be too low than too high, especially when keeping a longer beard.

Looks Great! Wear it with pride! :thumbup1:

Your cheeks may fill in better with time. Mine fill in much slower than the rest of my beard.Looks like you've got the neck line figured out. But, I just want to add. Always better to be too low than too high, especially when keeping a longer beard.
thanks! i do trust me on that one... when all my coworkers shave or do the little lines ... mine stays full.

and i do hope that is the case for my cheek area. but time will tell ...

yeah thats the mistake i made a while back i thought i wanted it higher on the neck line and following the jaw ... been in recovery from that mistake for a little while for it to all grow back out and fill out better as well...

Too high of a neck line is probably the biggest mistake guys new to beards make (and some who've been doing it for years). They think it's going to make it look like they have a strong chiseled jaw, but it does just the opposite, it makes it look like you have a big frog throat sticking out. Or, are wearing someone else's beard, that's too small for your face.

Cutting the line at the jaw only works if you're going for a pencil thin beard, and/or already have a very strong jaw line, but still usually looks better a little below the actual jaw.

Guy's also fear that neck beards look bad, but it you want a big beard the neck/throat is where most of the volume and length come from.

How long of a beard are you growing? If you are letting it go longer, you'll want to keep creeping the neck line down. If you are going really long you may even want to abandon it completely.

depending on how much it thickens up over time i would like to end up with about 3 to 4" when shaped ... maybe a little longer ... right now on the neckline all i am really doing is where i have odd V's on each side under my jaw i am shaving that to where it flows better on the side ...

Top Bottom