What's new

It's been a really long time

While I've been a member of B&B since 2009, I haven't been on here in a really long time. I thought I'd post in here since I'm relearning a lot. I guess what's changed is I got divorced and can focus on things that make me happy instead of worrying about making my insufferable ex-wife happy. Thankfully, I've kept up on wet shaving over the years. I'm actually still working through my stash from 13 years ago. I've got a SR3118 and a Merkur 38C as my daily. I mostly use Col Conk Almond for soap as I don't want to touch my prized Crabtree & Evelyn Nomad and Sandalwood soaps. My son, who was 2 years old when I started this is now 15 years old. I'm thinking about buying a QED 26mm silvertip brush and giving him my SR3118 with a Gillette 1957 Super Speed that I don't really use much of anymore. He's always been fascinated by the ritual of wet shaving and I know he'd take good care of them. Well it's good to be back on here. It's sad, though, to see all of the people who have gone to the great barbershop in the sky.

While I've been a member of B&B since 2009, I haven't been on here in a really long time. I thought I'd post in here since I'm relearning a lot. I guess what's changed is I got divorced and can focus on things that make me happy instead of worrying about making my insufferable ex-wife happy. Thankfully, I've kept up on wet shaving over the years. I'm actually still working through my stash from 13 years ago. I've got a SR3118 and a Merkur 38C as my daily. I mostly use Col Conk Almond for soap as I don't want to touch my prized Crabtree & Evelyn Nomad and Sandalwood soaps. My son, who was 2 years old when I started this is now 15 years old. I'm thinking about buying a QED 26mm silvertip brush and giving him my SR3118 with a Gillette 1957 Super Speed that I don't really use much of anymore. He's always been fascinated by the ritual of wet shaving and I know he'd take good care of them. Well it's good to be back on here. It's sad, though, to see all of the people who have gone to the great barbershop in the sky.
Welcome back! I hope the forum can bring you happiness again.

A '57 Super Speed sounds a great starter for your son, hopefully he will get into the joy of DE shaving at a good young age.

Really good to read that the flames of wet shaving and your interest in B&B still burn and that you're actively passing it along to your Son. Good on you!

Welcome back!

Welcome back! A 50s Superspeed would be a great razor to pass down.

I received a sample of C&E Nomad last year and it was 👌 I would recommend you use and enjoy it, maybe not as a daily driver but several times a year.

Welcome back! I am relatively new here myself (Dec 2020). Sharing with sons is awesome. I got into it because one of my sons said he read an article saying DE shaving is better than cartridges. We bought a VanDerHagen TTO, brush, and a puck of Williams Mug and sent him off to his first semester of college. I spent that semester learning about traditional shaving through B&B, and the rest is history. This is a great community.

Last edited:
Welcome back! I am relatively new here myself (Dec 2020). Sharing with sons is awesome. I got into it because one of my sons said he read an article saying DE shaving is better than cartridges. We bought a VanDerHagen TTO, brush, and a puck of Williams Mug and sent him off to his first semester of college. I spent that semester learning about traditional shaving through B&B, and the rest is history. This is a great community.
I have two sons, but my other son is only six years old. I'm sure he'll be shaving in no time. Its crazy how fast they grow up

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
Welcome back - one thing I would advise is to use those Crabtree soaps. I have a few items about which I once felt the same, but I have reached the age where friends, relatives, and work colleagues are passing away with increasing frequency, and I have become aware of my own mortality. One day my prized soaps, razors, brushes and aftershaves will pass on to my nearest and dearest. They are just as likely to wash the dishes with my vintage Yardley soaps as they are to donate them to a charity shop, where some mustachioed hipster will buy them and use them without a second thought. Then he will have had the enjoyment of using those products that I had denied myself. Well no more - I am using everything I own and enjoying it!

Top Bottom