What's new

Items you like that arent in a traditional wet-shavers kit?

I mean things that are not the three T's, proraso, trumpers skin-food etc.

I have recently been using to good effect:

proxy.php
proxy.php

I also really fancy trying one of the gillette balms to see how it compares to nivea/ Trunpers skin food.

proxy.php
OR
proxy.php

Anyone tried any of the above? Anything to report?

I've bee using the green Gillette AS gel (not Fusion) for 20 years. It works, it's cheap, and the aroma is not offensive. I don't use it all the time anymore, but it's still in my kit, and it still gets some play.

I've been using the Gillette Fusion ASB for a bit now, as it like many seem to last forever. I'm more or less just using it up, it isn't bad really. Goes on smooth, dries like you can't even tell you have anything on (in a good way) moisturizes pretty well, and the scent isn't bad. It's only about 5 bucks for the 100ml one, and it comes out of a great pump. Easy to use. I just think it has too many ingredients. More than it needs, trying to start using products that are 'simpler', and well, less mainstream.

Kiehls blue labelled ASB. It's very heavy but soothing and calming to me. Wasn't into it so much at first, but now I use it very regularly.

I've been using the Gillette Fusion ASB for a bit now, as it like many seem to last forever. I'm more or less just using it up, it isn't bad really. Goes on smooth, dries like you can't even tell you have anything on (in a good way) moisturizes pretty well, and the scent isn't bad. It's only about 5 bucks for the 100ml one, and it comes out of a great pump. Easy to use. I just think it has too many ingredients. More than it needs, trying to start using products that are 'simpler', and well, less mainstream.

Boy I was just formulating many of these thoughts about the Fusion ASB in my own my mind after reading the opening post. An eerie +1.

proxy.php

If I am planning to be outdoors at all, I slap some of this on after my ASB dries. I've also seen the Neutrogena 70 spf mentioned. May try that next after this bottle goes kaput.

Wahl Balding Clippers. For reasons that I can't explain, these clippers work wonders on ingrowns on the neck area. Although it's rare, every now and then I have a **** poor shave (thin lather, bad blade,....etc) For me this often results in ingrown hairs in the neck area. I wait 2-3 days without shaving and then shave the neck area with the Wahl Balding clippers and the ingrowns and bumps are gone the next day. This is counterintuitive so don't ask me why it works. But it works...for me. (YMMV)

Top Bottom