What's new

Italian Shaving Cream - Figaro

Hello there my friends, hope all is good. I just bought two units of this shaving cream called "Figaro" - crema de barba. It is italian.

I wonder if anyone here has experience with it? A 150ml unit costs around US$3,50 - 4 around here.

By the video looks like it produces a thick creamy lather. Can´t wait to try it.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
It's a decent, honest product that does the job. But for me, honestly, it's nothing exceptional. Among Italians there are certainly much better options. IMHO.

Dirt cheap in Italy, typical almond scent, fairly soft (softer than Proraso) consistency, get’s the job done, but nothing that stands out.

By European standards: fairly unremarkable.

B.

Hi guys, the figaro shave cream "red" arrived today, just in time for shaving. I had a 4 days beard, already 3mm and getting thick. As I was expecting from the video, this shave cream easily made a very thick and creamy lather with just a little bit of the product (so I can see it will last a long time), and on top of that it smells delicious (very good almond smell, feel like even tasting it lol).

I can only compare it to the shaving cream I was using here which is a generic "supermarket brand" type of product you know? I live in a small city and there is only two small markets, very limited shaving products. On lucky days sometimes they had a nivea shaving cream.

Anyways, difference is night and day. This shave cream I had here only made a "wet lather" or "wet foam", it never really got thick no matter what I did (but better than nothing).

Also, today is the 3rd shave out of the same bic chrome platinum blade, shaving was smooth and comfortable. So I am very satisfied with those products.

Dirt cheap in Italy, typical almond scent, fairly soft (softer than Proraso) consistency, get’s the job done, but nothing that stands out.

By European standards: fairly unremarkable.

B.
+1
I only have the red one. And I would never buy another tub. Hate the bitter almond scent, but I will live. It is indeed somewhat softer than Proraso. And I definitely think Proraso is better. Gives my skin a better protection.

Top Bottom