What's new

'Italian NEW shave oil: Felce Aromatica'

I want to share with you an experience with an oil which is not an oit, yet it is an oil!
A pre-shave oil finalized to post-shave benefits.

As a matter of fact, everything is deputed to the "post shave": prep, shave and after!

Being handsome and sharp, nowadays, is a must: I was born handsome and I choose the right shaving products to look sharp

Any of the products we daily use for shaving has a "temporary" effect, designed to last for the time on the operation done.

This oil, instead, is designed to be absorbed by the skin to render its properties afterward.

It does offer a great prep as most/many pre shave do, but the active ingredients, in my opinion, not only are absorbed by the skin, but they are adsorbed in depth.
But I might be just suggestible...

It definitely is an uncommon product, and since the very beginning: its presentation!

Deep blue glass bottle, with a slight violet undertone, with a simple pack paper label: very classy!

A very British understatement, resembling old apothecary vases, as you cal see from site images:

proxy.php

But, going on you find out it's not simply an aesthetic/chromatic choice. Oh no...

Reading carefully you understand that glass is a preservative medium.

Oil is made exclusively by natural ingredients and that particular type of glass has a meaning: it preserves oil properties!

proxy.php

proxy.php

Every single component identifies final product as something out outside "normality":
- Completely natural product
- No artificial or synthetic preservative (even if glass is synthetic: physically, not chemically!)
- Inert preservative, not into the formula: an... exoskeleton? Exopreservative?

What else could be formulated to fascinate wet shaving neuronal connections of wet shaving addicted?

Here is what!

Unscrew the cap and... it bares a new discovery: a roll on cap!

Obvious, ain't it?
But genius it bringing the obvious out!

Am I excited for this little ball? Sir...Yes Sir. Affirmative Sir!

At least for someone like I who hates oily hands!

To apply the self made oil mixture I have been using until today I had to be spread it on my skin with a hair dye brush not to get a normal one jammed like taffy: just shortened the handle.

But this allows only to smear my face with oil, not to massage it into the skin.

At first I have been struck by dimensions of the ball: probably around 5/16" or less!

And this means for someone like me, who has a face only a bit smaller than the Ponderosa, an infinite time of application.

But... it's sized like that to easily get to all "hidden" spots on a normal face.
My hard areas are double chin, and triple, etc...

But stretching skin would be a tough task with slippery skin!

And it is not show off only!

Look at every ingredient and its function; http://www.saponificiovaresino.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=76&language=en

However, the producer chose not to waste time on fragrance: this oil stinks!
Like medicines... They do not have to be pleasant: they must work!

However, the time stretch between application of oil and lathering is so short you won't experience any unpleasantness.

The fragrance of our soap will please our noses and we will get an exceptional shave!

One thing sounded very weird to me: if a slight film is applied, it is not slippery; it gets so, only if abundantly applied.
Hence... oil? Non Oil? This is the problem!

I carried out several tests some of which are posted in my SOTD, the ones with an ordinal number after the picture and have been done with one cheek oiled and the other one not and with two brushes because Producers thinks, should I use the same brush, some oil would be transferred from one cheek to the other.

I shot some pics (I do not call them selfies as, the very first time I heard this word, it made me think to a solitary sexual entertainment. And it still does!) of the job, but they are awful.
As soon as my camera girl will be visiting me again, I'll post some decent pic!

As of now... be content with this!

I have read, not only here, many think, as I do, the Felce aromatica Pre-Shave Oil is very effective.
But, before testing it I used either home made shave oil or cold cream.

And, as threatened, I am posting my impressions

Here I did half a face (approximately the area of O'Hare airport) with Felce Aromatica oil and the other half with homemade oil.
Actually, i did not feel a sensible difference between the two during the shave.
The big difference was after!

A softer yet gummier skin, a feeling of perfection: skin ready to be inundated by an alcoholic AS!
Did not feel the need of a balm! :biggrin1:

I read I cannot include a second video, therefore I'm posting here below for the second test!

Last edited by a moderator:
The second compares Felce Aromatica oil with a Cold cream which I used to prefer whenever shaving with an aggressive razor, such as the Rotbart, the 39C or the "Rolex"!
It gave the sensation of a higher protection.

Need I did not feel with less invading machines: I am actually in love with my Maggard MR8! :001_rolle

And here more faces... :laugh:

I expect some other fanatic does the same (or a similar comparison) just to know if I'm the only one to feel this!
:biggrin1:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for sharing Alfredo!
Glad someone appreciated it! :001_smile

I was just in your wider neighborhood: Bergamo, Garda, Verona, Bassano and picked up my first Cella and some other lovely Italian products.
What kept you from informing me? :angry:
From Brescia to here it's a 45 min drive, and I could have met you half way...

It looks like you've got a nice setup there.
I admit it's a big step forward since I was a caveman! :001_cool:

May I ask if the towel you use to rinse your face has some special properties? I wouldn't be surprised if you told me it was a mixture of rare spider silk and butterfly wings. :)
Who knows, Alex? Just stole it from my neighbor clothesline!
I know I look ridiculous, but i do love the feeling of a hot damp cloth on my skin! :blushing:

I have a similar revulsion to the term "selfie". I don't like the word. I don't like the narcissism.
I am not a narcissist and prefer to share my shots with a girl! (Sounds ambiguous, doesn't it? Well... did it on purpose! :sneaky2:)

It is my understanding and opinion that oils should be massaged and absorbed into the skin.
I agree but hate to feel my fingers oily and I do not intend to wear surgical gloves to massage myself. (Imagine this also sounds ambiguous...)

However, glycerine and hydrophobic products such as petroleum and wax are topical (not oils).
Correct. Notwithstanding they give the feeling of softness.

(why aromatica if it stinks?)
Avocado oil! Alessandro told it's its responsability! And Felce Aromatica is the name of the company since 1945, when they avoided stinky stuff! :laugh:

The ingredient list of Felce Aromatica looks good. Hypericum (St. John's-wort) is an unusual and interesting oil. Do you know if it is the top ingredient?
Are you trying to take advantage of a limp orphan? If my mommy was here you would have never dared to ask such a question! You're taking advantage of me and I could report you for circumvention of incapacity! :mad3:
I checked on the Saponificio Varesino site and it says it has healing, emollient, cell regenerating properties. I imagine I knew it but did not remembered it...

Lauric acid (think coconut oil)
It seems coconut contains a high percentage of it, in fact and has antiseptic properties which will certainly help in the after shave

and wheat germ would interact with one's natural oils, perhaps not favourably for one with oily skin
I would be prone to agree with you, normally. But after a blade passed on face skin, not much oily stuff will remain.
Shaving has tremendous scrubbing capacities. So, it is not relevant if one has either oily or dry skin...

The other oils (almond, avocado, primrose, grapeseed, shea) sound like a lovely combination.
Not being an expert I might only appreciate the final product...

Is Felce Aromatica sold in shops in N. Italy?
Not as far as I know: got it online. But, as shipping is very quick, anyone could get it sent to an hotel or else.
Should you be again in my area, you may get it shipped at my address...

Ha, you crack me up. If I do not survive collapsing my paraglider over the lake, you will not hear from me. if I don't come through Verona, I'll certainly pass through Trenitalia's Stazione Brescia.
With the right wind you could paraglide from Brescia to here: it's less than 80 miles!

With beauty like yours, it's the highest form of generosity.
This is exactly what i think! :closedeye

Tried it this morning. You guys need to buy this one !!
Awesome feeling and protection pre and post shave. Looks like I had no blade at all touching my skin.
It smells like olive oil but performs like if no tomorrow
Yes...Italians do it better :laugh:

Top Bottom