What's new

Italian Barber

Wasn't sure where this belonged, but I have a question regarding orders from Italian Barber:

Do they ever communicate with the customer and how long does it normally take to get an order from them?

I ordered from them on 29 Sept, got my order confirmation and crickets since then.

In the meantime I've ordered from WCS since and already received my order.

Again, if this doesn't belong here please feel to move it to wherever it does.

Thanks!

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I have dealt with I.B for well over a year and have ordered lots of shaving gear because they have been very reasonable, they sell out of their shaving razors gear quickly and I will order when they have only in stock because of shipping costs.(no complaints so far) I have heard a lot of positive compliments about WCS..... also.

One time I forgot to add something to my order and sent an email. I had a reply in less than an hour and on a Sunday night no less! They had me place a new order and subsequently refunded my second set of shipping charges as promised. That was the only time I’ve bought from them but needless to say I was impressed by the service.

I've always received shipment confirmation and a tracking number within a day or two ever since he started shipping US orders from New York.

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I was just curious if this was standard for them or what. I'm not trying to "call them out" or give them a black eye, again, just wondering if this was the standard.

I'll have to reach out to them and glad to hear no one has had any issues.

We all obviously order online and the standard seem to be some sort of communication within a day or two, but as pointed out above it's been 5 business days.

@Ron R - Yes, this was my second order from them (WCS). They are very prompt, good comms., great packing, and for me they haven't missed an item yet. I chose priority shipping and had everything within 3 days.

Hopefully the confirmation got lost in cyberspace and it’ll be on your door step Tuesday after Columbus Day.

Wasn't sure where this belonged, but I have a question regarding orders from Italian Barber:

Do they ever communicate with the customer and how long does it normally take to get an order from them?

I ordered from them on 29 Sept, got my order confirmation and crickets since then.

In the meantime I've ordered from WCS since and already received my order.

Again, if this doesn't belong here please feel to move it to wherever it does.

Thanks!

I have been ordering from them occasionally for 4 years or so and have never had a problem with orders. They do have to get product across the border and that can take a little time but really no more than a couple of extra days. They ship from Toronto to the U.S. border in Niagara Falls, NY area. WCS is typical of U.S. shippers and gets products to me in two days.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
IB arrives at normal speed. WCS, light speed! And Maggard, somewhere in between.

It'll arrive.

AA

I have always received packages from Italian Barber in 3 days or so.

It is the Thanksgiving weekend in Canada, so perhaps that is a delay in the postal system.

I have put in 3 recent orders with Italian Barber, all with free basic shipping. All have been received within normal shipping times for my location in the US Pacific NW. I did have one quality issue. Italian Barber responded extremely quickly and shipped a replacement right away. Customer service beyond excellent.

Thanks again everyone...I wasn't worried about them doing me wrong or anything. Again, just curious if the communication was less than what most have come to expect out of online retailers and if it always took this long.

I emailed them and told them if the order was coming from OCONUS I understood. I work daily with customers oversea's and arranging the logistics for them to ship parts back for repair, from every continent to include Antarctica, so I understand the constraints, etc.

My main concern and what led me to ask, again, was the communication aspect of it.

However, I did receive a response and tracking information. As well, this was not in any attempt to tarnish them or their business.

WCS is just crazy fast, makes everyone else look just plain slow.

Yeah, the other day when I got home from work there was a box for me on the porch. I thought it was my IB order only to realize it was my WCS order and was shocked I got it quick as I did. Granted I did pay for expedited shipping, but I want to say from the time I ordered to door step was less than 2 1/2 days. I think they're trying to compete with Amazon Prime, LOL!

Top Bottom