What's new

Italian Barber shipping UPS?

My first orders with Italian Barber were shipping from New York -- I think Buffalo -- using USPS. My most recent order was shipping from Ontario using UPS. Any reason for the change?
I'm wondering if it has to do with collecting sales tax now.
My order coming via UPS is stuck in Illinois due to the polar vortex. DAMN YOU GLOBAL WARMING!

I think that would be a better question for the vendor. Last time I checked to see how much a handle from them would cost shipped it was I believe $5.99 for first class. . That is a lot of money for just shipping.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Ask IB, but.

Aftershave has to come by ground/truck - I think.

And they may have two warehouses; dunno.

AA

I have ordered from them just recently and super fast. I think the weather will affect all shipments.
I do think they are in Canada because I got a small international charge on my CC.
5.99 is about normal for shipping. Most goes from free West coast shaving to about 6 bucks most places.
Some offer under or free is you spend a certain amount. Maggarts it is 45 bucks then free.

You create a thread to ask this forum why a vendor ship with UPS?!
Seriously?
We're shaving nerds. We obsess over strange details. I thought someone might know. Italian Barber is a popular topic.
I did order aftershave. Maybe that has something to do with it.

We're shaving nerds. We obsess over strange details.
I agree... however only the vendor would know why this option was chosen.

While I am not the vendor I can only speculate on the matter. Since you order aftershave we all know that it can not fly. So I can only suggest the ground shipping option from Canada to USA was UPS.
There - you asked for speculation, I delivered.

This happened right around the time the price of USPS postage went up (so that is my speculation). One good thing is that the cost of shipping any single item below $60 went down by about $1. The bad thing is that UPS takes a lot longer to get to me.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Shipping and cost can be the killer. Recently placed an order at PAA and the shipping for 3 items was $14 or so as i was checking out it was the only option and said two day shipping. seemed high was tempted to add more on my order for free shipping but didnt as i was at checkout and thought oh well at least i get it fast . Placed order on a Friday and it said delivery expected tuesday. Well it didn't arrive until the following monday. Email response from paa contained a lot of fine print, shipping estimated by usps, they didn't mean 2 day even though it said that, they take 2 or 3 days to pack it.. Bla bla bla
No remedy no recourse but at least it finally arrived but expectations are a lot. Having dashed expectations also sticks with me the next time. IB.usually has shipping delay notices all over their site so when i order im not expecting something im not getting

If memory serves me if you placed an order from the US it was shipped from Niagra Falls? I think Joe used to drive the shipments to Niagra Falls so it would be cheaper to ship to US address's but by shipping UPS they no longer have to drive the pkg's to the border adn UPS will pick them up from their door.

I ordered a rr game changer 2 days ago from IB and purchased the updated shipping and it still hasn’t shipped. What is a reasonable amount of time to expect something to ship?

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Ive been waiting for an order i placed last Thursday night. I hate when i buy close to the weekend it always seems to delay it with any company. I didn't do expedited but they usually ship pretty quickly. Ive always had great experience with IB

I placed an order with IB on Saturday and received confirmation that it shipped on Monday from Ontario. That’s a quick turn around.

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
Ask IB, but.

Aftershave has to come by ground/truck - I think.

And they may have two warehouses; dunno.

AA
Those were my thoughts too. I like USPS best but anything with substances that can’t fly usually means ups or fedex. Which generally are slower for the same cost as usps or higher cost if the same speed.

in the US the quickest service order to door for me has been the superior shave and maggards. Italian barber and west coast shaving are usually a couple days slower.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Mine from ib arrived today but i forgot to get it the concierge before leaving work.

Top Bottom