What's new

It turns out it is not broken

I was wondering who would sell a razor like that as new, until I realized it was not meant to shave.
$$_12.JPG

Oh I have seen those before.. The scales are crap and the pivot pin is a rust magnet and it doesn't home very well ;-)

Oh I have seen those before.. The scales are crap and the pivot pin is a rust magnet and it doesn't home very well ;-)
The question would be, does it open beer bottle well or is the blade to flimsy for the job.

That reminded me of the key you rescaled as a razor by the way.

That one is.
I was giving this Le Grelot #7 a shine and the blade got caught in the buffing wheel.
Good thing I was wearing protective glasses.
$7 broken.jpg
I am really bummed. This was a nice 13/16 blade and I had spent hours cleaning it up.

Was it made like that, or did someone mutilate a straight because they were in desperate need of a bottle opener?

^^ You might still be able to turn it into a shortie/ mini razor. I've seen a lot of people do that. Gssixgun even turned his into a kamisori-type razor.

Was it made like that, or did someone mutilate a straight because they were in desperate need of a bottle opener?
This is just a fantasy item, built that way.

^^ You might still be able to turn it into a shortie/ mini razor. I've seen a lot of people do that. Gssixgun even turned his into a kamisori-type razor.
This one is a different story. Not much left for a mini-razor or a kamisory, just about 1". The only thing I could see was going toward the spine and making it a mustache razor. Not sure it is worth the effort though.

Top Bottom