What's new

It takes 2 to make it outta sight!

Rob Base anyone?

Anyway. I posted a little while back about finally finding the oversized display Barbershop luxury mug and brush. I had been looking for that combo for years to add to my collection.

Well, I just found a second set to add to the collection! How the the old B&B adage go........ "Why buy one, when you can buy two at twice the price!"

proxy.php

The thing is, I thought I was just getting a back up set. But when it arrived, I quickly noticed that these two were quite unique. This surprised me a lot. I mean, these probably weren't made on a very large scale. So why would they have been made two different ways?

Have you noticed any differences yet?

Look at the wording on the front:
proxy.php

One mug is painted, but the other's letters are actually raised in the mug itself.

Look at how the handles attach to the mugs... totally different construction.

proxy.php

And look at the brushes, these were obviously hand made, one at a time. They are similar, but different. The handles are different widths. The ferrules are different sizes and shapes.

proxy.php

Here is a bottle of wine for scale.

proxy.php

And since it is always asked anytime someone posts one of these or other similarly large brush..... "Are you going to/ Can you actually lather with it?"

This is "lather" made from dish soap while I was cleaning it.
proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Wholly Moly! Thought that "Luna" wine bottle was a travel-size, until that last in-hand pic!

I say use it ... Puck of Williams at a time!

AA

I hope you use them to have some fun on here when April fools arrives! :001_smile
Always love doing that. My first post about my large display razor was of similar mind, lol.

Perfect for the lady of the house! Makes enough lather for three passes on both legs.
LOL!

I think you got two of Paul Bunyan's brushes and mugs. Boy, is he going to be angry.
I hope he has more. I think I have LSMBAD. Large Shaving and Brush AD!

:lol: Those are the biggest mugs and brushes I've ever seen. Wow!
There are other brushes available. Some are wider, but none longer that I'm aware of. Definitely the largest mugs. I love these things.

Wholly Moly! Thought that "Luna" wine bottle was a travel-size, until that last in-hand pic!
Yeah, I was accused of photoshopping last time I posted. I was hoping to give a more definite size comparison so there was no question.

More soup at the Vez house!
Biggest Soup Bowls ever!!

I wanna rock right now!
Thank You! Finally someone got it!

KJ You are making it real difficult not to pick up the Omegas Display Brushes you evil man:001_tongu
Just doing my part as Senior Operative of the Central Enablement Center... You're welcome!

Nice. Store display and salesman samples have always fascinated me.
Me too. Large mugs, brushes, razors, and razor blade boxes... I have them all. Always looking for other stuff out there too!

Perfect for a 10 pass shave!
LOL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nikonNUT

The "Peter Hathaway Capstick" of small game
Yeah, I was accused of photoshopping last time I posted. I was hoping to give a more definite size comparison so there was no question.
Just tell them "I got an idea... That I wanna share. You don't like it? So what? I don't care!" :lol:
1) I couldn't help myself...
2) Yeah... I got it! :thumbsup:

Top Bottom