What's new

IT"S HERE!!!! B&B BL 2012 LE Pipe**Closed***

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
I'm sorely tempted. Don't smoke pipe often, but I know Tinsky's reputation.. Still have a few weeks to decide

I've been a pipe smoker since the early '70's and I can without question give a big :thumbup: to the choice of Mark as the carver. I frequently drool over the pipes on his site. I have one Tinsky that I dedicate to flakes....what a pleasure to smoke. I have to go over the "hobby" budget before diving in on this buy, but let's just say the diving board is starting to bounce....

Last edited:

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
That is a thing of beauty. I do not smoke a pipe and still want one. Great work James.

Indeed.

Funny thing is I just ordered a Peterson St, Patty's Day 999 Rhodesian, which is a similar style but with the round stem rather than the squared.
This will make an excellent rarely-smoked partner for it!

WOW, that is a nice shaped pipe, and it bieng a Tinsky, its gonna be good. Too bad the only pipe I can afford right now is a corncob.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Would this pipe be to a noob smoker like a 7/8 Hart to a noob shaver?

Would this pipe be to a noob smoker like a 7/8 Hart to a noob shaver?

LOL, maybe - maybe not. Better tools make for a better easier experience. I wouldn't want to learn with a poorly honed sloppy bevel razor, like wise with a poorly drilled pipe. However the skill of the user is of equal value with both. But assuming we were talking about a size razor that's not too unwieldy for the beginner with a forgiving point than you could look at it that way. Helluva way to get your feet wet.:thumbup:

I had high hopes for this new LE Brown Leaf themed item, and I sure was hoping it was a pipe, but I must say this exceeds my expectations! That is an awesome pipe. I'll put in my order within the next week or so. I'm going to be a tad bit nervous on breaking it in, since I never have broken in a pipe before.

I had high hopes for this new LE Brown Leaf themed item, and I sure was hoping it was a pipe, but I must say this exceeds my expectations! That is an awesome pipe. I'll put in my order within the next week or so. I'm going to be a tad bit nervous on breaking it in, since I never have broken in a pipe before.
That's the best part, you just have to smoke it to break it in. You can apply a various number of techniques, but it all boils down to smoking the pipe. Don't sweat it.:wink2:

That's the best part, you just have to smoke it to break it in. You can apply a various number of techniques, but it all boils down to smoking the pipe. Don't sweat it.:wink2:

Good to hear! I guess it's like honing. Tons of hype when you look it up, but when it comes down to brass tacks it's pretty straight forward.

I'll follow that up with another noob question. Is the bowl part made of briar also? I like how the briar stem part is a different color, very unique.

The bowl/shank is briar.
The stem is lucite, with a briar inlay. It's a wide inlay, so it actually looks like there's a lucite inlay in the shank (the part that extends out from the bowl and holds the stem/bit.)

The bowl/shank is briar.
The stem is lucite, with a briar inlay. It's a wide inlay, so it actually looks like there's a lucite inlay in the shank (the part that extends out from the bowl and holds the stem/bit.)

+1 well put.

Mark makes an excellent pipe and I have smoked many of them. I mainly smoke Dunhill and Ashton pipes and I prefer a smaller pipe. Does anyone know what Dunhill group number this pipe would fall under? A Dunhill Group 3 or Ashton single X is as large as I care to go.

Top Bottom