What's new

It looks like Crabtree & Evelyn is not in the soap business anymore?

Will you miss Crabtree & Evelyn Soaps if they drop them all together?

• Yes

Votes: 24 25.8%
  • No

Votes: 18 19.4%
  • Never tried them.

Votes: 51 54.8%

• Total voters
All shaving products are now discontinued..... Too bad, I loved the shaving creams....
I think their creams are better than their soaps. I have both, and I have always enjoyed the C&E scents, but the creams lather better for me. This morning I used their West Indian Lime shaving cream, and I have nothing bad to say about it. It produced a ton of thick lather, and I got a great shave while surrounded by a very pleasant scent.

I think their creams are better than their soaps. I have both, and I have always enjoyed the C&E scents, but the creams lather better for me. This morning I used their West Indian Lime shaving cream, and I have nothing bad to say about it. It produced a ton of thick lather, and I got a great shave while surrounded by a very pleasant scent.

Covet what you have, it’s rare stuff now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The discontinued Sandalwood scent (not to be confused with their later Indian Sandalwood) is one of my very favourite scents. I still have two unopened bottles of EdT left. The soaps however have (I came across them in 2010 for the first time) were rather poor.

Sienna was one of the best scents I ever smelled but the performance of the soap was underwhelming. I wanted to like it. Just wish it worked even nearly as good as it smelled.

I loved nomad and never felt it was a bad latherer. Unfortunately never foa chance to try sienna or sweet almond. I enjoyed the sandalwood also.

I'm going to say no since I've never heard of the soap or the retailer.

Crabtree & Evelyn was one of the more popular purveyors of shaving goods around ten years ago before all the small batch artisans came along to soak up their business. They used to rebrand Edwin Jagger brushes, and had full lines of software. It was quality stuff but generally a bit overpriced.

There is, or was, a bottle of C&E lime aftershave balm around the house for awhile when I found it at TJMaxx a couple years ago after it was discontinued. It was nice but didn’t demand that I use it. Not sure where it is right now.

Still have a full tube of Sandalwood shaving cream, a partial puck of Sweet Almond Oil shaving soap (great stuff), and a bit of Crabtree and Evelyn lavender water (great but discontinued).

When C&E closed down their stores last year i picked up a few surplus stuff that Marshalls had and also some off ebay. I love their West Indian Lime cream and probably have about 6 tubes along with a few tubs of lime soap.

C&E soaps were some of my favorites, still working (saving) a bowl of Nomad. They reformulated, renamed the scents, and went to heck. A couple years later they closed up the shaving soap. I bought two of the reformulated pucks and they ended up in the shower.

Some folks say the EU forced the changes for product safety, others blame the accountants.

Top Bottom