What's new

It Looks Like A Gillette, But...

...I'm not sure what it is. It has no identifying marks whatsoever and has teeth a little longer than those on Single Rings I've seen. Compared to those Single Ring's handles, this one has some subtle differences. The three segments of the knob are not of equal size and the smooth areas of the handle are slightly narrower.

proxy.php

proxy.php

-Clarke

Last edited:
I think it looks like a Sheraton without the gold and the TTO mechanism. But somebody with more knowledge will probably chime in with a more competent suggestion.
But it looks very nice indeed.
Kind regards
cop

I think it looks like a Sheraton without the gold and the TTO mechanism. But somebody with more knowledge will probably chime in with a more competent suggestion.
But it looks very nice indeed.
Kind regards
cop
It's a three piece. It comes apart like a 1904 Gillette.

Is it copper?
No, it's brass. I don't know if it was ever plated.

Might be a Rotbart; there were a lot of copies made in Europe. Achim might know.
I was thinking it might be European, too.

-Clarke

I have no idea, but I love how it looks. Especially how clean it is with no plating. I wonder how it shaves. How did you acquire that beauty...if you don't mind me asking :tongue_sm

I just clean up one today with no Gillette logo under the head. I was wondering what it was, now I know, thinks Guido.

The one that Clarke was is in much better shape than mine.

Note the differences in the head and handle.

-Clarke

I see what you mean; Guido's Rotbart has the thicker guard and the pointed positioning studs, whereas yours has the thin guard and rounded studs, along with finer checkering on the knob. Whatever it is, it's nice looking.

I have no idea, but I love how it looks. Especially how clean it is with no plating. I wonder how it shaves. How did you acquire that beauty...if you don't mind me asking :tongue_sm
I'd compare its shaves to a Gillette Old type. Upon close inspection, I've noticed that its plate and cap are very slightly curved. They're not curved as radically as a curvfit, you must look really close to see it.

I can't seem to find vintage razors locally, so this one's from eBay. Including shipping, it was less than $5.

-Clarke

This goes for all razors like this: if it has a patent date, the it is a Gillette... regardless of logos and 'Made in' marks. If it doesn't have a patent date, then its not a Gillette.

For this particular razor, the length of the teeth makes me think it is German made... cant be sure but I have a feeling.

Top Bottom