What's new

It Just Neede a Good Home PIF

Chef455

Head Cheese Head Chef
I grabbed a H3 gillette slim in the wild just because it looked at me longingly. It's a tad scruffy and will need some love. I already have a beauty. I really can't think of anything better to do with it than send it along to a good home. Likely a soap sample and a tuck of blades will be included.

Let me know with a traditional "I'm in" and tell me about a time you opened up your home for whatever reason.

I'll give it until the end of the weekend. CONUS only please.

I have always been interested in the slim but since I bought my Timeless I haven’t been interested in shaving with other razors. I want to be in but I am afraid it would languish unused in a drawer. That razor deserves a better home. As to your question when have you opened up your home, when I was in the Navy and my ship was at Roosevelt Roads Puerto Rico and my wife was pregnant with difficulties, I waited several days to catch a MAC (military airlift command) flight back to Norfolk Virginia. I met a retired gentleman that lived in the US Virgin Islands and he had been waiting for a week to get a flight home. The problem was that many service members originally from Puerto Rico had priority with something called “environmental moral leave” and they all seemed to have large families. A few families would get to board and then the planes were full. I offered to let him stay with me in Virginia where his odds of catching a flight home where better. He took me up on my offer and stayed with me and my wife for two days until he could catch a flight. This was almost 40 years ago, I can’t remember his name, but we enjoyed each other’s company and he did get home. Sometimes letting a stranger into your home is a good thing.

I already have a few Slim's so not in.

We opened our home to a friend who was going through some martial issues. He stayed with us for about a month until he and his wife cleared things up.

Not in, but somebody is going to get a very capable razor that a lot of people love. Thanks for the generosity to the community.

Top Bottom