What's new

It is time for....the fair!

So I have being on a no sugar diet for the last couple of months, shaved off a few pounds, but the fair is coming up! and with it: corn dogs, funnel cakes, old fashion soda, cotton candy, beer, if it makes your mouth water, you name it is there! So needless to say my diet is gonna go out the window for a few days but with no regrets, plus I get to go on the rides with the kiddos, looking forward to some fun, what about you guys, like the fair?

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
Yes, I like the fair. My nephews and I love to go to the county fair. We may even go to a fair at another county nearby.

Fairs...in July?
Up our way here in the southern part of the Great White North, most of our get-togethers are in September/October and are more of an “agricultural” theme.
Sure, there’s the CNE in Toronto, but based upon the past fifteen or so years, that’s more of a shooting gallery for the local gentry who think a Hereford is another name for their baby mama’s Taurus.
As for loading up on candy floss, corn dogs and fried Mars bars I usually pass on those food stuffs as they may very well end up on some poor sod waiting in line as the Tilt-A-Whirl zooms past them, if you know what I mean.

Hot Beef Sundae
proxy.php

It may seem like an ice cream sundae, but don’t let it fool you! The New York Beef Council’s famous hot beef sundae is savory, not sweet. Get your fill with delicious mashed potatoes, thin-sliced roast beef, cheddar cheese, sour cream and a cherry (tomato) on top!

Source: The 10 Craziest Food Concoctions at the Fair - The Great New York State Fair!

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
@ngle:
State Fair - 2.png
The Mrs. and I can't wait to attend (again), the Louisiana State Fair this year in Shreveport, LA, from 25 Oct thru 11 Nov 18.

Besides the rides, shows, exhibits, rodeo, competitive events, concessions and the like, the food will again be awesome (just throw all your diets out the window: because State Fairs come only once a year)!
proxy.php

We really liked the Crawfish and Crab Boudin (you eat these sausages [made from a pork or seafood or both rice dressing (much like dirty rice), which is stuffed into pork casings] 'goody's' with saltine crackers),

Brontosaurus size (slow-cooked), Pork Chops,
Giant Pork Chop - State Fair.jpg

Fried Green Tomatoes Fried Green Tomatoes.jpg Fried Mac & Cheese ,

Southern Fried Frog Legs Frog Legs.jpg

and the Pecan Cretes Pecan-Crete.jpg (can't forget Pralines or Peanut Brittle either),...just to name a few. :w00t:

Read More: a) Best food at the Louisiana State Fair b) State Fair of Louisiana.com/

State Fair.png
"[The State Fair]...a showcase of talent, [great food,] creativity and inspiration". Katherine Meade

Last edited:
@ngle:
The Mrs. and I can't wait to attend (again), the Louisiana State Fair this year in Shreveport, LA, from 27 Oct thru 13 Nov 16.

Besides the rides, shows, exhibits, rodeo, competitive events, concessions and the like, the food will again be awesome (just throw all your diets out the window: because State Fairs come only once a year)!
proxy.php

We really liked the Crawfish and Crab Boudin (you eat these sausages [made from a pork or seafood or both rice dressing (much like dirty rice), which is stuffed into pork casings] 'goody's' with saltine crackers),

Brontosaurus size (slow-cooked), Pork Chops
attachment.php

Fried Mac & Cheese , Southern Fried Frog Legs
attachment.php

and the Pecan Cretes
attachment.php
(can't forget pralines either),...just to name a few. :w00t:

Read More: a) Best food at the Louisiana State Fair b) State Fair of Louisiana.com/
proxy.php
"[The State Fair]...a showcase of talent, [great food,] creativity and inspiration". Katherine Meade
wholly cow you just made me slober!

Fairs...in July?
Up our way here in the southern part of the Great White North, most of our get-togethers are in September/October and are more of an “agricultural” theme.
Sure, there’s the CNE in Toronto, but based upon the past fifteen or so years, that’s more of a shooting gallery for the local gentry who think a Hereford is another name for their baby mama’s Taurus.
As for loading up on candy floss, corn dogs and fried Mars bars I usually pass on those food stuffs as they may very well end up on some poor sod waiting in line as the Tilt-A-Whirl zooms past them, if you know what I mean.
Yes to fairs in july, all county fair on western kansas are on july/august right before school starts, our is pretty famous around here cause the county owns the rides and the local businesses/companies sponsor big part of it so is a long tradition that our rides are only 50¢! So we have people from out of state each year, also great for family reunion!

Top Bottom