What's new

It arrived!

The mailman delivered my 34C HD today! It looks very nice! It's quite short (looks to be 3"), but given the grip that I use, that shouldn't be an issue. Oddly, it's heavier than the Parker I've been using which has a 4" handle. I have to admit that when I came in from work, found the box, and opened it, I felt a bit like this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks! It's good to have a razor which appears to be better made than what I've been using. It's gotten enough good reviews by the board that I think I can safely blame it on something other than the razor if I can't get a good shave.

Congratz on your new razor it's a beauty.
I have a 34C and a 34G they are very nimble well balanced razors and I like the short handle IMO a longer handle would just get in the way.

Alright, here are my thoughts on the new 34C. It's a very pretty razor. It looks more like an actual tool than my other razor. It has a nice heft and a nice balance especially when you grasp it close to the head like I do. I think the extra weight must help in shaving, because I haven't noticed the stuttering like I used to with the old Parker. The only bad thing I've noticed about it is that the blade seems to poke out a little more on one side than the other. It's not terribly different, but it is noticeable. Hey, at least the blade isn't exposed a little unevenly on the same side like the Parker was!

Congrats! The 34C will be one of my next razors. You should be able to loosen the razor and adjust the blade so it is even. Watch this.
Cheers!

No problem. I've been watching Nick for a while and his videos are great. It worked out perfect that he demonstrated on a 34C. :biggrin1:

Hmm...I'm not having much luck lining the blade up in the Merkur. I'm getting good shaves, but I swear it still looks like one side hangs out a little further than the other. When I take the cap off and try pulling the blade to one side (pushing on the tabs), it doesn't really seem to help. Also, it looks like the holes in the blade are just about the same size as the little pegs on the cap that go through them, so I don't see how it could be adjusted much if any.

Is this a significant difference? How are you looking at it? Sometimes the lighting in bathroom can play tricks on you. When you are screwing in the cap and blade; have you tried holding the razor horizontally with one of the tabs pointing down? When the difference is quite small, it can be adjusted. I quickly unscrew the cap and turn it 180 degrees and screw it in again. Sometimes that does it.

Just an update, I'm still loving the shaves from the 34C, especially with the Astra SP blades. Feathers seem to work well, too.

Is this a significant difference? How are you looking at it? Sometimes the lighting in bathroom can play tricks on you. When you are screwing in the cap and blade; have you tried holding the razor horizontally with one of the tabs pointing down? When the difference is quite small, it can be adjusted. I quickly unscrew the cap and turn it 180 degrees and screw it in again. Sometimes that does it.

Well, I'm not sure how much of a difference means that it's significant. It seems to me like it might be significant. yes, I have tried holding the razor in such a way that the side which would normally have less blade exposed is facing down, hoping that gravity would assist. I've even tried grabbing the dull tabs on the side and attempting to pull sideways while tightening the cap. Neither seemed to make any real difference. I will try flipping the cap around 180 degrees and tightening. Thanks! Also, I'll try to get a picture of it soon.

This is the first razor ever owned, and I learned to shave wit heather blades! I later switched to Astras, which provide me a smoother more forgiving shave.

Top Bottom