What's new

Istick or MVP?

My vision spinner II is going to need replaced soon, i was thinking about trying the Istick 10w, affordable and a step up from a spinner. The 20w and the MVP are a bit more. The passthrough and battery life seem good enough.

Anyone have any other suggestions?

Side note: whats your favorite e liquid? My ADV is Blue Voodo by Mister E and Mothers Milk by suicide bunny.

What kind of tank are you running? What is budget? Portability important? Battery life important? Do you want it to be something that can run most tanks? Or just what you have now?

I personally would recommend something like the iStick 40w TC. Simple, can stick most tanks on it, and good battery life with portability. Or the Coolfire IV. It all depends

Budget under $80, right now im running a nautilus tank but willing to upgrade. Very portable, battery life not important

I rummaged around and took a few photos for you. I don't have a Vision Spinner II but my ego twist is fairly close in size. The tank is a Nautilis Mini and the small mod is the iStick Mini.

$1.jpg $4.jpg

How do u like the mini vs the bigger one?
I have played with all the iSticks that are currently on the market.

iStick 40w TC has a 2600mah battery, the Mini has a 1050mah battery. So the 40w should last you 2.5x as long in regards to battery life.
The iStick 40w enables you to use the Nautlius Temp sensing coils, the Mini does not.
The iStick 40w allows you to use subohm tanks, the Mini does too but will blow up.
The iStick 40w is better built.

Overall I would go for the iStick 40w TC, not the Mini.

Last edited:
I like the size of the mini, but I find it a under powered and under featured. In full retrospect I would not have gotten it. The iStick 40 is still pretty darn small.

For all the reasons Till laid out, the 40W is the clear winner.

A Nautilus 1.6 or 1.8 ohm should be run from 8w to 12w for ideal taste and vapor in my experience. Lower will flood and spit juice. Higher will burn out could faster and potentially give burnt juice taste.

You should look at a 20w mod minimum. The istick is a reasonable cost for what you get. The MVP is a slightly better quality with a higher price reflecting this. You won't be unhappy with either choice.

Avoid TC units unless you are running Temperature Control type coils. It's a waste of money.

with plenty of experience under my belt, I just got the Eleaf tc60w and know that I wouldn't go back to anything less.

the reasons are
1) replaceable battery... No more having to waste the device over a dead battery
2) the Melo2 tank.. Top fill .... No more taking it apart to refill
3) coils.. Easy to rebuil, lots of choice , many alternatives.. Right now I've got a c-cell coil (ceramic nickel coil from Vaporesso), 1 week later and still working like new

so it's a few dollars more, but just with the batteries, it will lay for itself many times over.

Top Bottom